Here comes El Nino; good news for US weather woes

sfgate.com/news/science/article/Here-comes-El-Nino-good-news-for-US-weather-woes-5293440.php

I’m sorry, this really has nothing to do with the link, but the first thing I thought of was the old SNL skit with Chris Farley as “el nino”. :slight_smile:

It’s about time. We could use some warmer weather.

If true, it will be a boon to my part of the country. El Nino characteristically brings cooler, wetter weather to SW Mo and NE Ok during the summer. But I don’t think NOAA can “see through” March/April in any given year. Right now, I think it’s more a guess.

This article overstates things. It’s “on the way” in the sense that one will probably develop at some point. There are some model predictions to suggest an El Nino may develop by the fall, that might have effect on the weather next winter. We are and have been officially in “neutral” for a year or two. The last El Nino was in 2009-2010. The two following years were La Nina years, and then neutral since.

“Yo soy El Nino. For those of you who don’t habla espanol, El Nino is Spanish for: The Nino.” :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.