Here's the icon, guess the Sunday!

Just for fun, can you guess the scripture reading for this icon on Sunday?
It’s Luke 7:11 if you want to look it up.

3 Likes

What are we supposed to guess? It looks like you already gave the answer.

Maybe you were surprised by the age of the widow’s son?

1 Like

Would you prefer the answer not be there? Next Saturday we’ll try again with a new icon, no answer.

You could blur it out with the spoiler tag, that way no one sees it immediately, but the answer is available if they want it.

Like this!

2 Likes

Well thanks for the idea! I didn’t know I could do that! done!
I didn’t know people were so knowledgeable about scripture verses, that it was a give away to post it. lol

1 Like

Here’s a new icon:

Who is it and when is his feast? :wink:

Healing of the paralyitic?

Edit: Nevermind Windows Son.

Usually there’s a stretcher in that icon or the man being lowered that was the only one I could think of… :thinking:

St Luke it’s in the Greek

Edit: Maybe not… :thinking:

I looked at the first part of the lettering… Must be one of the Patristic Fathers.

EV might stand for Evangelist so I might be right… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Saint Luke Evangelist.

2 Likes

Twentieth Sunday After Pentecost October 18 may use it.

We had the reading for Luke 7:11-18 on October 11 – but we used the icon for the Fathers of the Seventh Ecumenical Council

20th Sun – Luke 8:5-15 is read on October 18, 2020 in the Byzantine Catholic Church.

The first question has already been answered. The answer to the second question is: Tomorrow, October 18. Thank you for reminding me of that!

1 Like

Yes, you’re right - it’s St. Luke whose feast is tomorrow (10/18). :raised_hands:

3 Likes

That Greek is actually Romanian!

3 Likes

Today I am watching The Gospel of Luke on Amazon Prime Video. It is a word by word reading of the gospel with the scenes acted out in the background. Very nice!

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.