Heretical Web Site

Some atheist sent me this site jesusneverexisted.com which has all kinds of supposed proof that Jesus never existed and that there was more than one Jesus. Can you help me disprove this site so I can show him it’s completly bogus? Thanks.

Didn’t read the website, but I thought it was supposed to be impossible to prove a negative.

My advice: just shrug it off. The entire website is a lie. If your atheist friend wants to wallow in false history and godless mythology, let him. Just pray for his soul.

[quote=KnightoftheRose]My advice: just shrug it off. The entire website is a lie. If your atheist friend wants to wallow in false history and godless mythology, let him. Just pray for his soul.
[/quote]

I agree. You could spend hours and hours trying to chase down the lies in this sort of thing, and you would never convince people with this sort of mind set. :banghead:

If you really want to start you may wnat to locate the documentation of the Romans at that time and the Sanhedrian. Both speak about Jesus a lot. A historian friend once said to me that there is more historical proof that Jesus walked the earth than there is that you and I exist.

Best site that responds to all this stuff is www.Tektonics.org

Evangelical apologist J.P. Holding (a pen name) has a lot of articles, he “specializes” in this kind of heresy and historical revisionism.

Shattering the Christ-Myth covers all the secular references to Jesus and their reliability

Plus articles on the site about the reliability of the Gospels

Great stuff, we need a Catholic equivalent site. Catholic Answers also recommends the book by evangelical scholar Craig Blomberg titled The Historical Reliability of the Gospels.

Phil P

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.