Hidden profiles of users

Hi, if a user has hidden their profile, how could I find out whether they are still around? Or is it not possible?

Why do folks do this? We can’t even send a message. Your profile only contains what you type - I can’t discover anything about you that you don’t want me to know.

Thank you.

can’t you send a message from your profile? I thought this only required knowing the username?

I’ve always done it from their profile. I can’t seem to do it any other way.

The whole “hiding” thing - I’m not getting it.

How is it rebellion against the system if the system allows it?

I meant ‘the system’ I know absolutely nothing.
Peace be with you.

As far as I know, it’s not possible.

Multiple Reasons:

1. It reduces Retaliatory Flagging

2. It eliminates Antagonistic PM’s

3. It reduces Forum Stalking

Correct. It doesn’t work. If someone is inactive or suspended, having their email is far better.

It doesn’t work.

It’s a byproduct of the current Forum setup. Outside of the reasons I gave, you don’t need to understand people’s motives.

CAF allows it and it’s perfectly okay.

Ok fine, but how does it reduce retaliatory flagging?
And how does it reduce forum stalking? Whatever that is.

Retaliatory Flagging and Forum Stalking go hand in hand.

Let’s say that we have a disagreement. One or both of us might decide to flag each other’s posts on that specific thread. Furthermore, we might utilize posting information on the User Profile to follow and flag each other up and down the Forum.

Thank you, this is the second forum I’ve been on in my life, I’m beginning to wonder if it was such a good idea at all. :thinking:

• I don’t like the way things are either.
  • I don’t like that a Suspended User can just reappear under a different disguise.
  • I don’t like how people abuse the Flagging System
  • I don’t like how the same Trolls reappear every weekend

Stay for Friendships and forget everything else :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay, I will. Thanks cruciferi :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been thinking about doing this but if I said why I’d get suspended. Not that what I’d say would be offensive but it is verboten to discuss the reason. It’s sad that it has come to this for many.

Hi. If when I send a message from my profile the user name is not recognised, does this mean that they are banned? I am 100% that I am spelling the name correctly. Thank you.

I think that’s another dark theme issue. I’ve also heard pressing enter works.

I don’t use the dark theme. Pressing enter doesn’t work. I think that person must be banned. Annoying; I was actually having a conversation. Thank you.

Start a NEW PM and message me. See if it works.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.