High Court Orders 13-Year-Old Girl To Have Abortion

huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/09/high-court-orders-abortion_n_5473628.html

So wrong when the baby was wanted by the young girl.

From the article:
The judge added that, in any event, if the girl were allowed to give birth, there was “very little chance” she would be allowed to keep her child.
So? At least the child would still be alive.

Despite the girl’s objections, and despite the fact that this is an issue of life vs death, the fact that she’d have “very little chance” to keep her child is a reason to kill it?

:rolleyes:

The article was too incomplete for me to form an opinion.

Where are this girl’s parents? How do they feel about the situation? What are the recommendations of the girl’s doctor and/or psychiatrist? Is she in good physical and mental health? Is she a ward of the state? Where is the 14 year old boy who impregnated her? Is he also developmentally disabled, or did he take advantage of a young, vulnerable, disabled girl?

Very sad situation.

This isn’t a matter of opinion. It’s a matter of absolute truth.

Is the unborn baby a human being? Yes. That’s all that matters.

Why would the answer to any of those questions have any bearing on this child’s right to life?

What to say? She, the “unintelligent” one, saw the truth. God have mercy on us!

So this is not a matter of whether or not the baby deserves life or not?

To make the situation worse if you read the comments to the article the consensus seems to be that this girl child be forcibly sterilized.

I do not like the idea of the government of any nation being able to force people to do anything to their reproductive systems except to leave them alone - much less abortion. I believe, if the high court of GB really did sentence a girl to have an abortion (and did not give the child’s rightful guardians permission to override the girl’s will), the people of Britain have reason to be concerned. Eugenics is not something we want to revisit, even cursorily.

I saw that. It’s absolutely appalling.

So if her guardians approved of the abortion that’s OK?

It’s very discouraging that the history of eugenics isn’t more well-known. I only know anything about it because of a book recommendation. Like my husband said once, “Eugenics never went away.”

Praying for this young girl & her baby.

Ironically, there was a similar storyline on “Call the Midwife.” :frowning:

Praying for this girl and all girls and women who feel pressured to have abortions…

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

This is where the U.S. is also heading after it forced Obamacare on people with the help and backing of many Catholics and many Catholic organizations like the Sisters of Charity.

While I don’t think it has happened here yet, forced abortions will occur here sometime in the future.

Catholics help give government control of our health system in the name of Universal Coverage, now they will have to bear the devastation of Universal Control.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

Did I say that?

I do not think the issue of this case is the abortion - which is awful and abortion should be outlawed, yes - but there is something deeper. More sinister. That is, the government deciding what’s good for a person, or their body. No purely human body has that authority.

I agree. Who brought this case and why? It’s a pity I don’t have the citation for the case because I am a law student and I would love to look this case up.

A friend of mine who is an atheist and approaches abortion from a rights perspective recently told me he thinks abortion in the UK is conveyor belt murder. Now if atheists are saying this, the politicians need to grasp the nettle and get to grips with this and stop the ostrich approach.

Do you remember the name of the book?

Sir James Munby - “Hero” Judge who ordered this killing of an unborn baby.

In a much less important case (the divorce case of the Earl of Spencer and his wife) a disgruntled lawyer (and farmer) who is also now a judge and a “Lord” … Sir Nicholas Mostyn … named his sow’s seven little piglets in the “Judge”'s “Honor” once.

Insult: Sir Nicholas Mostyn told how he had given his new litter of 7 piglets names including: James, Munby, Pompous, Publicity, Seeking, Pillock and Self-Regarding as a private slight to the Lord Justice Munby

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1297370/The-bizarre-case-Earl-Spencer-divorce-lawyer–seven-little-piggies.html#ixzz34DjrKayq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have no pigs to name after Sir James Munby.
And I don’t believe in cruelty to animals … much less babies. But I did post Sir J’s face here for general observation (no pillory, or stocks, though he IS shown here in his wig) - photo obtained by Googling images and his name on … (ahem) Yahoo.

images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&va=sir+james+munby&fr=aaplw&tab=organic&ri=22

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.