(Hillary) Clinton makes surprise appearance at NYC gay pride parade

Hillary Clinton joined New York City’s annual gay pride parade Sunday afternoon, making a surprise appearance alongside Mayor Bill de Blasio, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and Rev. Al Sharpton.

Clinton joined revelers near the Stonewall Inn, the site where the modern gay rights movement took root. It was recently declared national monument.

The campaign’s supporters were out in full force with the presumptive Democratic nominee during the parade, which fell this year on the first anniversary of a landmark Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide.

cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-joins-new-york-city-gay-pride-parade/

Media is full of chatter about how Donald Trump changes his position on various political issues.

It is not reported or talked about in this CBS news story or on CNN that as a U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton stated in 2004 on the U.S. Senate Floor:

“I believe that Marriage is not just a bond but a Sacred bond between a man and a woman . . .”

See video from 2004 at Michelle Malkin.com:

cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-joins-new-york-city-gay-pride-parade/

She is so liberal. She was at the parade with her leftist cohorts too. She will continue severely damaging America if she gets elected.

I don’t like Trump (mainly for inflammatory things he said about American Indians) or Mrs. Clinton in terms of politics (who knows? They may cook well). But, if I recall correctly, wasn’t it Bill that signed the Defense of Marriage act into law?

It is not reported or talked about in this CBS news story or on CNN that as a U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton stated in 2004 on the U.S. Senate Floor:

“I believe that Marriage is not just a bond but a Sacred bond between a man and a woman . . .”

See video from 2004 at Michelle Malkin.com (correct link added):

michellemalkin.com/2016/06/27/hillary-joins-nyc-gay-pride-parade-blaming-republicans-for-isis-influenced-registered-dems-attack-on-orlando-club/

You’re forgetting the Rules of Reporting #34: If a Democrat changes positions, that’s an evolution and to be applauded. If a Republican changes positions, that’s flip-flopping and to be roundly mocked.

i wouldn’t be surprised that she (or anyone) said that in 2004. Things have changed since then. BTY it wasn’t that big of a surprise that she showed up. It was reported at least a week before she attended.

I have to disagree with your assessment of 2004.

Gay Marriage legalization was a political issue in 2004.

For example, Michigan banned recognition of same-sex marriage and same-sex unions in any form through an amendment to the state constitution passed into law by popular vote in 2004.

That’s my point.

I think the time period of the change in position matters. Overnight conversions, particularly in an election year, are more suspect than those which take several months or years.

That’s just the point. If it weren’t for a pyramid dictating downwards policy, most of these laws would have never seen the light of day. Meanwhile, people became acclimatized to them, and public opinion went in the direction of what was already decided by the courts.

So, Mrs. Clinton, having stated in 2004: “I believe that Marriage is not just a bond but a Sacred bond between a man and a woman . . .” fully flip flops on the Gay Marriage issue and does whatever is politically expedient to gain as many votes as possible and CNN’s Chris Cuomo and Pamela Brown, both of whom had Democratic State Governor parents, as well as the Cable and Local TV Media at large never criticize Mrs. Clinton for the switch, but Cuomo and CNN has criticized Trump several times for attending a Gay Wedding in 2012 and stating to a former Star Trek TV series actor right after attending the gay wedding that he was for traditional marriage. :shrug:

Given all the scandals emanating from the Clinton’s, what kind of sacred bond was she talking about? Open marriage, maybe?

There haven’t been any public accusations that Mrs. Clinton has committed Adultery.

Other insinuations but would be uncharitable to mention. Enabling is not so grand either.

Enabling? Doesn’t the Catholic Church teach that fidelity to ones marital vows is sacrosanct?

Enabling is not only covering up for the peccadilloes of one’s spouse but harassing the victims.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.