Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Cancels Election-Night Fireworks Show

Trivial news

breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/07/report-hillary-clintons-campaign-cancels-election-night-fireworks-show/

Apologies.

The story was in the New York Post:

nypost.com/2016/11/07/clinton-calls-off-election-night-fireworks/

Haha! And no one on TV will be pestering the Clinton campaign as to why they canceled the fireworks: maybe they know the end is near and it isn’t gonna be pretty? If so, I applaud her self-awareness.

Not so confident of a win I guess. They don’t want to risk having a “Dewey Defeats Truman” moment.

Seems prudent to me. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

I also think it’s more gracious if they do win. The nation is divided, as usual. Gloating in the defeat of someone’s candidate isn’t a good way to get things started.

:thumbsup:

Even if they are confident that they will win, the cancellation is a prudent thing for that reason.

One is reminded of Achilleus’ hubris in dragging Hektor’s body around the walls of Troy. At a point, it becomes sickening. Remarkable that the Clinton organization cancelled this, but better that they did.

If the fractional vote counting system is used … she might still win.

dailykos.com/story/2016/10/30/1588704/-Bev-Harris-of-BBV-releases-schocking-new-video-demonstrating-Fraction-Magic

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.