Hindu extremists kill priest for being Christian and helping the poor (CNA)

Rome, Aug 20, 2008 / 09:56 am (CNA).- This week, Archbishop Marampudi Joji Hyderabad of India said that Hindu extremists who murdered Carmelite priest of Mary Immaculate, Father Thomas Pandippally, carried out the act for three reasons: ?because he was religious, because he was Christian and because he was charitable to the poor.?http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/370042442

Full article…

This priest should be a shining example to all that are Catholics and do not living their faith as it should be. This priest died helping the poorest of the poor, the Dalits or Untouchables, in India. These people are the lowest in the Hindu caste system, a brutal system that keeps the Dalits from doing anything but the most disgusting jobs. And the Dalits do it for the money to feed their families. And the Dalits families are at the whim of the upper Hindus.In is the custom of the caste system for the upper caste members to rape the wives of the Dalits, take their land, sell their children to the sex traders and worst. The only ones willing to help are the Christian missions. I used the word Christians because there are many different denominations of Christians, besides the Catholics, who are trying to help these people. The Hindus are using the killing of the Sawmi to kill and loot and rape the religious that are in India. You see, if the Dalits convert, they and their families are no longer bound by the caste system. And as more and more convert, the upper caste are loosing these “slaves” to do their work. It is a true all out assult on the Christians in India.Oh, by the way, the Catholics in India represent less than 2.5% of the One Billion people in India.

Very well put. A Hindu apologist on a similar thread was excusing the killings as a result of greed (by the missionaries). He didn’t mention the greed of the upper castes who won’t have anyone left to wipe their feet on if conversions continue.

The lack of outrage continues to amaze me, although I’m at the point in life where few things should…

I am afraid it is getting worse. So far they(Hindus) have destoryed 60 Churches and over 50,000 and more are displaced by the Hindus. They are also killing the Dalits or Untouchables for converting. The Hindus want the Dalits to remain as slaves for the rest of their lives. This Sunday, the Holy Father has declared a day of fasting and prayers for those in India and those who have been killed…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.