Hindu verse

Most of the time the bible gets criticize for its intolerance of other religions. It discusses in depth of false prophets and false messengers everywhere throughout the bible; Galatians, revelations, John etc. However i was suprise to find that this exclusivity isnt soley from Christian or Islamic scriptures;

"…Sometimes the conditioned soul, fearing the approach of death, wants to worship someone who can save him from imminent danger. Yet he does not care for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose weapon is the indefatigable time factor. The conditioned soul instead** takes shelter of a man-made god descriped in unauthorized scriptures**. …One who takes shelter of unauthorized man-made gods cannot be saved from the cluthces of death. Srimad Baghavatam Canto 5 chpt. 14 text 30. (THe Forest of Enjoyment)

I read up on diffferent religions for different perspectives and i thought it would be interesting to see how people of other faiths would view it.
:wink:

Yes, if you read them, you’ll find that the Hindu and Buddhist texts are against ‘idolatry’.:smiley:

Hi
Did Buddha receive revelation from GodAllahYHWH?
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics

I would say ‘yes’ – but the ‘revelation’ took a very different form from what you find in the Bible or the Qur’an.

Hi
Kindly explain further as usually the Buddhis do not admit that Buddha received any revelation from God, they even say he did not believe in GodAllahYHWH.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics

It all depends on how you define ‘God’. For some, ‘God’ refers to Absolute Truth. If we take that definition, then all Buddhists would agree that the Buddha ‘revealed’ Absolute Truth, Truth that existed before the Buddha’s lifetime and will always exist.

The differences and disagreements come in ‘God’ is defined in terms other than ‘Absolute Truth’ – terms like ‘Creator’, or ‘Trinity’. But even in these cases, there are aspects of the Buddhist tradition that recognize a ‘Creator’ or a ‘Trinity’, even if in the details, those aspects are not precisely the same as that held by Christians.

However, I think differences among religions are fine, even something to be celebrated. It just shows that God has given mankind many different ways to approach Him.:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.