Hisalone, justasking4, SIA, sola_scriptura

I stated in another thread that I am going to say a decade on the Rosary as well as ask St. Anthony (only because HE personally has been very good to me and so, I must assess, Jesus loves him), and St. Helen, and St. John the Baptist (both who are patron saints of converts) to ask them to accompany me in prayer to God for Hisalone. I am going to extend that to these other three posters.

For those of you who do not know, these four posters are venomously anti-Catholic. They are deliberately obstinant of eduation and refuse to engage in a civilized dialogue which has provided them information to refute their errors. They are not charitable in their posts. They are very angry and hard hearted. They are not here to learn about Catholicism, but to pontificate their own set of bile, some of it less logical than others, whether they actually belive what they say or not.

As a result, some of our Catholic posters are being less than charitable.

Here is what I am asking. I am asking that all the Catholics who read this thread please pray a decade on the Rosary for EACH of these four posters, pray to a Saint whom you particularly love and you think will take this intention to God on your behalf, pray to St. John the Baptist, and another patron saint of conversion (list) as well as asking anybody you know is in Purgatory to pray for these posters’ conversion.

I would like to see their conversion into the Catholic Church.

BUT, I am not going to let what I want stand in the way of petitioning to Our Separated Brethren. I am asking also for the prayers of those of the Eastern Church who read this. Please pray to Our Blessed Mother, St. John the Baptist, and two other saints who may be effectatious in bringing these posters to see the Truth of the Apostolic Tradition and the Sacraments.

Finally, I am going to ask all Protestants who read this to also pray for these posters. I know there is no way on God’s green earth that you will pray for the same intentions I am asking from the Apostolic Tradition churches, but, I, nonetheless, would like your prayers for these posters, who may or may not share your beliefs. I pray you will ask God to not harden the hearts of these posters. I emplore you to ask God to provide charity and wisdom and patience and tolerance for these posters so that even if they will never agree or agree again with the Catholic position, they will accept that there are those on this forum DO agree with what Rome teaches, and can love us and be civil to us just the same. I also ask that you ask God that these posters be charitible and provide well researched and thought out doctrines and theories and beliefs as to what they believe in light of the Reformation, which was intillectual and discerning in nature so that they do not propegate deliberate lies and slanders that were long ago put to rest.

I thank you all for your prayers.

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

If we are going to be praying for the conversion of sinners in this thread, please add my name to the list of those needing conversion and then I’ll feel better about praying for the others on the list, who are themselves also welcome to pray for me.

May God grant an increase in charity to all posters on the forum, whatever their stand on the Catholic Faith, pro or con.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

~~ the phoenix

Our God let us all truly love each other as Christians should…

“Since the Father loved us so much that He sent You to be the sacrifice that takes our sins away, we too should love one another.” [1 Letter John 4:10-11**]“Anyone who says ‘I love God’, and hates his brother is a liar, since a person who does not love the brother that he can see, cannot love God whom he has never seen.” [1 Letter John 4:20-21]

It can be difficult to love others when they appear ‘troublesome’, or misjudge or reject us, or when we are weary and preoccupied! Each of us has only our personal consciousness, so that we only know our own feelings and thoughts, and may only imagine another’s. “The depths of a person can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other person.” [1Corinthians 2:1]

So how can we truly love? “Let us love one another, since love comes from God.” [1John 4:7] Therefore, Jesus, we may hope for God’s love in us that we may love as You have loved us.
As You have said, to live as Your disciples, as children of the Father, is impossible for humankind—but “nothing is impossible to God.”

Love begins with awareness that each person is loved child of the Father. Therefore, Jesus, I pray for Your love in me for everyone You bring into my life. I forgive and bless each person who has hurt my loved ones or me. Please ensure that we forgive, however deeply others action or inaction wound us.

You have made us Your brothers and sisters; therefore, we will strive to overcome the difficulties that natural selfishness generates. We seldom must actually die as You did, for another person’s sake. Yet every day there are ways that we relinquish some preference, desire, or convenience for the need or wish of another person. Let Your Holy Spirit carry us lovingly though these little deaths.

Love requires that we do so generously, kindly and cheerfully, for reluctance or resentment is not of the love that lays down life for anyone. You wish us to love all whom You in any way entrust to our care, but You also require us to love and pray for our enemies—those who make our lives difficult and painful. Jesus, forgive us for those failures to love them truly.

“I say this to you; " love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you; in this way you will be sons of your Father in heaven…”[Matthew. 5:44]

I will keep these people and others like them in my prayers.

Your “Friendly Neighborhood Methodist”, having read (& taken part in) some discussions with these posters, is more than willing to join you in prayer.
It is truly :frowning: heartbreaking to see folks like those mentioned here, use so much strength and time given to posting rage against other Christian believers when there are so many folks in the world who still have never heard the Name of Jesus.

For those who lose patience: I am right there with you! Don’t let yourself fall into anger. It is so hard, but these are sad, confused souls, who need our prayers, not our condemnation.

And when you pray, pray for me, a sinner.:gopray: :gopray: :gopray: :gopray:

Prayers promised

Praying!

Praying

I will pray the Rosary for them now. I will also pray for our Catholic friends who are being less than charitable.

Will pray tonight before the Blessed Sacrament for them and all sinners.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers. I may not agree with some but the nevertheless thank you. I can sure use it. Now here is my prayer for all of you. Its found in Ephesians 3 and is one of the great prayers of the Scriptures:

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,

17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,

21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.