Historical Evidence for The Bible

I was reading somewhere I don't remember where, but the person writing said that The Bible only contains literature and myth and not history. So I am wondering if The Bible does have historical evidence?

[quote="adawgj, post:1, topic:346222"]
I was reading somewhere I don't remember where, but the person writing said that The Bible only contains literature and myth and not history. So I am wondering if The Bible does have historical evidence?

[/quote]

Hope this helps:
youtube.com/watch?v=reYBCz_kf1c

I was reading somewhere I don't remember where, but the person writing said that The Bible only contains literature and myth and not history.** So I am wondering if The Bible does have historical evidence**?

[/quote]

Does it have historical evidence for what?

[/quote]

King David and King Solomon are real, to the dismay of many Bible skeptics who thought they were an imagination of a Jewish nation trying to justify its existence in Palestine. Archaeological digs over the last century (including some more recent and ongoing digs) have proved that not only did they exist but they ruled a kingdom that included all of current day Israel as the Bible reveals. Many historians use to dismiss the Bible completely, but many now realize the importance of using the Bible as a guide when reviewing archaeological finds and relating it to history.

Josephus is a good historian and :

Biblical Archaeology Review Magazine - Biblical Archaeology Society is interesting.

[/quote]

you're reading the wrong stuff.

I, too, can't recall where I read this recently, but I read some good advice (the advice of the Bible) have faith and your faith will lead you to the truth.

If you believe that the earth is flat or that men have not landed on the moon, then you will question all the evidence that is presented to you. Skepticism is not new.

[/quote]

The record of the kings of Israel and Judah are **very **accurate. They also tie in with Assyrian, Babylonian and Persian records.

People who claim "the Bible only contains literature and myth and not history" are ignorant and are usually making their claims from out-of-date sources.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.