Historical significance ,Book readers, I need help. Please

Hello CAF Family And Friends,
I need your help to those of you that read…I am wanting to find a book on American Historical Significance Personage of President Abraham Lincoln. I really don’t know what I am doing but I would love to find a book on him from his childhood till after his assassination. If there are any one out there that loves to read books on such subjects, please help me by telling me the best book on his life. I sure appreciate it. God bless you all.,
Georgia or Gigglin
:shrug:

“The Life of Abraham Lincoln” by Henry Ketcham and “The Inner World of Abraham Lincoln” by Michael Burlingame, are 2 that come to mind. Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Wow!

That’s a title and a half.

:smiley:

Gigglin - Since you asked about his early years too…“The Life of Abraham Lincoln” by Henry Ketcham also includes information on Lincoln’s childhood.:slight_smile:

Well, I was kind of looking for a book that tells all about it. Just one book from his childhood to his assassination. Unless you answered it. Someone from Facebook told me to get a book called Abraham Lincoln, by.Benjamin P. Thomas. Are you familiar with this one? Also, would it be an easy read? I have a hard time connecting to something if it isn’t down on my reading level. Thank you for your help.

The books I mentioned should cover his entire life, but I am not sure about the reading level or difficulty of the material.
Lot’s of good places to start online. Here’s a great link for educators which includes free resources & information about Abraham Lincoln, might just give you some ideas and other reference materials to choose from:
reacheverychild.com/feature/lincoln.html
Hope this helps :wink:

“A. Lincoln: A Biography” by Ronald C. White is an excellent recent biography that sounds like exactly what you’re looking for.

amazon.com/Lincoln-Biography-Ronald-White-Jr/dp/0812975707/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1346035106&sr=8-15&keywords=lincoln

The Carl Sandburg multi-volume bio of Lincoln is supposed to be the definitive bio of the great President, containing nearly everything known about the man.

You might have to hunt around for the original six volume set,
but amazon offers Sandburg’s The Prairie Years and the War Years which is a condensation of the full set.

I got the book called, .Abraham Lincoln A biography by Benjamin Thomas. A very big book. Almost looks like an unabridged dictionary… Hope its an easy read and will keep my attention. Has anyone read this version?? If so what did you think about it?? :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.