History Channel series – Washington

Recently, I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the History Channel series titled Washington.
Did anyone else watch it? What was your impression of the series?

1 Like

Yes! My husband and I enjoyed it as well! In my estimation,given all that our first president endured and accomplished,he goes down in my book as the best president in history.

2 Likes

I liked it too. I found it very interesting. If he hadn’t
persevered the way he did, we might be part of Canada.
Thank goodness the French came to help us.

2 Likes

Yes.I was really surprised that the French stepped up. GW perseverance was inspiring. He took on a lot.I would like to see more of these types of historical series on our presidents.

3 Likes

shucks I missed it. I meant to watch. Is it airing again?

1 Like

Do you have On Demand on your cable or streaming?

You can watch it there.

I show it will be on Friday at 7pm on the history channel. There are 3 episodes.

2 Likes

I think I have all 3 episodes set to record. THANKS!

3 Likes

I passed on this. I might watch it at some point but History channel content can be suspect along with the current trend of liberals telling us that American history = bad. I’ve seen quite a few though and the most recent one was Newt and Callista Gingrich’s The First American which I enjoyed. I believe it is available on Amazon Prime.

Yes, you have to be careful of how it is presented.

It was pretty negative about GW in the beginning but
I don’t know enough about his life to know if that was true. He was young and made mistakes. He was fighting for the British then.

1 Like

Oh yes, there is liberal history and conservative history…:slightly_frowning_face:

I agree. We need more series like Washington series.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.