History of Religions

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a solid reference on the history of religions. When they were formed, by whom and all that good stuff. Looking for most reliable sources.

hi! i’m not sure if these can be considered solid reference but here are some links about the history of religions.

ourcatholicfaith.org/churchhistory.html

ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb4.htm

:slight_smile:

Try this site:

religioustolerance.org/

If anything, it provides a good snapshot of the worlds religions.

When you say a reference, do you mean a book or a website? How much do you want to know? There are plenty of college text books on the history of world religions, but I don’t know if that’s what you want.

Thanks for the links. Textbooks would be great. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know of a free online Bible?

[quote=m_i_k_e]Thanks for the links. Textbooks would be great. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

bible.com/

[quote=m_i_k_e]Thanks for the links. Textbooks would be great. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Here are two Catholic translations (they have a few more books than protestant versions):
drbo.org/
usccb.org/nab/bible/

You could try *A History of the World’s Religions * by David Noss, or for something a bit less academic, *The World’s Religions * by Huston Smith. I use crosswalk.com for Bible searches.

If you want a free Bible, many churches, like the Cathedral here in Sioux Falls, give them away.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.