‘Hitler was right’: KC area winner of Missouri House primary leaves trail of bigotry

Hospodi Pomiluj.

There are nuts everywhere.

And Republicans elect them.

From the article:
“Steve West’s shocking and vile comments do not reflect the position of the Missouri Republican Party or indeed of any decent individual. West’s abhorrent rhetoric has absolutely no place in the Missouri Republican Party or anywhere. We wholeheartedly condemn his comments.”

I wonder if the statement above will be enough to keep him from being elected?

I hope so. I expect so. I’m pretty sure the people of Missouri have no more tolerance for raving anti-Semites than anyone else.

This sort of nonsense does indeed pop up everywhere sadly. My wife’s aunt Anna who is very elderly regularly comes out with it. Much to the annoyance of my wife and mother-in-law. Especially my mother-in-law whose late father was Jewish, she bites her lips with it given the fact it’s a very elderly lady saying it but this whole sort of take on the medieval ‘blood libel’ is still sadly quite common.

I work in a Jewish area and you occasionally hear non-Jewish people on the buses pointing at the Orthodox Jews walking by and going on about them ‘ruling the area and ruling the world’. This is particularly prevalent for some reason amongst the West Indian populace of the area, although not confined to them.

Might not even be needed. Clay County is an odd place. Went for Trump in 2016, but not by all that much. The current rep is a Dem. West attacks the Repub party and won out of a field of four. Probably not many knew what he stood for. He’ll lose.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.