Hitler's Pope...

So, here’s some good news. Apparently John Cornwell, the Author of Hitler’s Pope, has admitted his book was biased and unfounded…

As he admits, “Hitler’s Pope” (1999), his biography of Pope Pius XII, lacked balance. “I would now argue,” he says, “in the light of the debates and evidence following ‘Hitler’s Pope’, that Pius XII had so little scope of action that it is impossible to judge the motives for his silence during the war, while Rome was under the heel of Mussolini and later occupied by the Germans.”

That’s going to destroy a lot of anti-Church doctoral dissertations that cited his book! (Most of them probably coming from the history department at Georgetown), It’s nice to see the truth come out.

[quote=aphisherofmen]So, here’s some good news. Apparently John Cornwell, the Author of Hitler’s Pope, has admitted his book was biased and unfounded…
[/quote]

very good article on this in the THIS ROCK … Jan 2001 issue :thumbsup:

The story Goes, Hitler went to Rome and Asked Pious. How many armys do you have and Pope Pious had none. SO as to avoid Hilter driving tanks through the Vatican he conceded…

As it was America had an army with Many Catholics, protestants and jews that came and liberated the Pope.

[quote=space ghost]very good article on this in the THIS ROCK … Jan 2001 issue :thumbsup:
[/quote]

space ghost…still loving you…how can I get a copy of this to give to my catholic friend who is so disturbed by all of this?

Blessings,
Shoshana smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_62.gif

Here is a link to the article to which SG refered:

catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0101fea1.asp

And here are even more resources debunking Cornwell’s revisionist smear on Pope Pius XII:

catholiceducation.org/links/search.cgi?query=pius+xii&submit.x=26&submit.y=9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.