Hoard your food and water..Germany

Read this on an online newspaper…if it’s true it’s concerning to say the least

‘Hoard your food and water’, nervous Germany’s attack fears

Staff writers, news.com.au
August 23, 2016 12:07am

SHAKEN by two recent Islamist attacks and a shooting rampage, a nervous Germany will urge its citizens to stockpile food and water amid terror attack fears.

The warning is set to come from a nervous government desperate to reassure its shaken citizens and boost their civil defences plan.

It’s the first time since the Cold War ended that the government will tell its people to prepare in case of “an attack or catastrophe”, a local newspaper reported.

The proposals are not yet public, but leaks to German press suggest they will be discussed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government at a cabinet meeting this week.

The measures include advice to citizens to stockpile enough food for ten days and clean drinking water for five days.

“The population should be urged by appropriate means to keep two litres of drinking water per person per day,” Frankfurter Allgemeine Sontagszeitung newspaper quoted a government paper as saying.

The paper said a parliamentary committee had originally commissioned the civil defence strategy in 2012.

Germany is battening down the hatches and is on high alert as debate rages after two jihadist attacks and n the wake of a shooting rampage by a mentally unstable teenager last month.

Berlin announced measures earlier this month to spend more on its police and security forces and to create a special unit to counter cyber crime and terrorism.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government is expected to discuss the civil defence measures this week. Picture: AFP/John McDougall
And just last week Germany’s interior minister proposed partially banning the full-face burqa Islamic veil, as a debate on integration rages.

The call by Thomas de Maiziere came as Merkel’s government attempts to address public fears surrounding last year’s record influx of nearly 1.1 million migrants and refugees, most from predominantly Muslim countries.

The stockpiling plan would also see people urged to keep supplies of medicines, blankets, coal, wood, candles, torches, batteries, matches, and reserves of cash in their homes.

Meanwhile, authorities would boost stocks of smallpox vaccine and antibiotics in case of biological attack, and set up reserves of petrol and oil at 140 locations around the country to ensure a supply for 90 days, reports said.

“An attack on Germany which requires a conventional defence response is unlikely,” Frankfurter Allgemeine Sontagszeitung quoted the government paper as saying.

The new proposals echo West German civil defence plans of the Cold War, when Germany was seen as most likely to be on the frontline of any conflict between the Soviet Union and the West.

Generations of West Germans grew up to the sound of sirens being tested that would warn of a Soviet attack.

After the 1989 fall of the Berlin Wall and reunification of Germany many of the measures were allowed to lapse.

I tell this to friends and family on FB all the time. I don’t use the word hoard, but to stock up because you never know what Mother Nature is going to through at us. By stocking up you may also help a friend or neighbor in need or hits a rough patch. Peace.

Living in a remote old house I always have abundant food supplies in. The water supply here is a private well. Before winter starts I will have enough in for two months. It is consideration for anyone I would have to ask if i ran out of things.

Link
news.com.au/world/hoard-your-food-and-water-nervous-germanys-attack-fears/news-story/f631bd2022ca433cd7c97de68cbc9090

Yes I too have a “large pantry” due to being in range of hurricanes every year. I also encourage people to learn canning food too. As long as there is firewood and water you jar food.

I do have a certain amt. of sympathy for the Germans, but when you are pretty much a social government you become dependent on that government until things start to fall apart. Let us hope and pray that America does not follow that path any closer than it has. I may be misinformed, but hasn’t our own gove. forebide hoarding? Or something to that effect?

There is no perfect government or worldly social structure. It is up to the common man/Christian to make life better in some manner, for family, friends and those in need. Yes, do “stock up” as needed for your time and situation. Don’t be a hoarder, because as in the parables, your wealth can rust and turn to dust. Peace.

My elderly brother lives in Texas. He was trying to stock up a little, but his wife gave it away. She made him sell his treasured rifle from his stint in Germany…it was a collector item to him, but she wanted the money. That’s life I guess. Peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.