Hollywood’s Joss Whedon begins coup rhetoric: Donald Trump ‘cannot be allowed a term in office’

*Hollywood director and political activist Joss Whedon started using coup-like rhetoric on Monday while national protests against President-elect Donald Trump continued for a fifth day.

“Avengers” director Joss Whedon created a pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC called Save The Day for the 2016 presidential election. The $1 million in seed money he supplied for star-studded commercials did not sway voters in a free and fair election Nov. 8. On Monday, however, Mr. Whedon confused social media followers with a cryptic tweet regarding the peaceful transfer of power between President Obama and Mr. Trump.

“This is simple: Trump cannot CANNOT be allowed a term in office. It’s not about 2018. It’s about RIGHT NOW,” Mr. Whedon tweeted.*

Washington Times

This is a signal from Whedon to all the liberal militias to grab their AR-15s and . . . never mind.

Yeah, I can’t see all these 2nd Amendment foes organizing a violent coup. I’m not sure I understand exactly what they’re hoping for. :confused: I know that technically the Electoral College doesn’t actually have to even elect Trump on December 19th, but I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t.

I don’t recall Republicans protesting and carrying on like this in 2008.

They strike me as children throwing a temper tantrum. :shrug:

I have never heard of this man.

There was no Electoral College disjunction in 2008.

I question whether, when the time comes that the EV favors the Democrat against the popular vote, the Repubs will take it in any better spirit?

ICXC NIKA

Firefly & Serenity & more. He’s good!

Sad that with the election over, the rancor is not going away.

ICXC NIKA

Buffy the Vampire Slayer :smiley:

I agree.

Does that mean the Donald is a vampire? :slight_smile:

Or is he going to fly a spaceship into the White House? :smiley:

Seriously, some Hollywood folks will do anything for attention. :stuck_out_tongue:

never heard of those either! :blush:

That’s considered “coup” rhetoric?

I’ve heard many talk like that–and much worse–during the election, both sides about the other.

That doesn’t sound like “coup” talk to me.

[A Handy Guide For Liberals Who Are Suddenly Interested In Gun Ownership](“http://forums.catholic.com/A Handy Guide For Liberals Who Are Suddenly Interested In Gun Ownership”)

That title isn’t joking. This post is aimed at my liberal readers. I’m a libertarian leaning Republican and gun expert, who thinks you are wrong about a lot of stuff, but I’m not writing this to gloat about your loss. For the record, I disliked all the presidential candidates.

Judging by your social media over the last few days many liberals have been utterly terrified that your government might turn tyrannical or that evil people will now be emboldened to hurt you. I’m going to let you in on a little thing the other half of the country is familiar with to keep those unlikely, yet catastrophic, events from happening.

And that my lefty friends, is 2nd Amendment.

more . . .

He’s fantastic when it comes to sci-fi: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Agents of Shield, Avengers

Who;)

Not enough people cared what some Hollywood man or people said about the election apparently given the results. Hollywood was given a heads up that their comments were of little import to many voters.

Time to get real Hollywood. You don’t influence the entire world.

Mary.

If he is saying that people should block someone legally elected from taking office? Not sure it would be fomenting a coup until after December 19th, but after the electoral ballots are cast you are skating on very thin ice.

There is a big difference though between trying to convince people to vote one way or another before an election and trying to stop the process once the votes are cast. I keep thinking that we must have 10s of millions of people that flunked civics class if they think school walkouts, protests, or petitions are really going to change anything. All it does is make people think they are immature (the same as those who threw a fit when Obama was elected).

Why should anyone listen to a man who makes his living telling stories? Or, considering the number of stories about this actor or that actress thinks about the election, why should we listen to anyone who makes their living pretending to be someone they aren’t? Really, I will never understand the celebrity worship in this country. These people aren’t experts. They aren’t well-educated in government, finance, or anything other than their respective fields (which involves make believe). Many are also not exactly moral examples of how to live your life. They work in an incredibly racist and sexist field (I have family that works in Hollywood and the truth about the ‘casting couch’ and child exploitation are shocking). Enjoy their stories, but don’t look to them to tell us how to run the country!

There was a problem with the link so here is a working one for anybody who wanted to read this

monsterhunternation.com/2016/11/14/a-handy-guide-for-liberals-who-are-suddenly-interested-in-gun-ownership/

The entertainment people were known as court jesters in the medieval times. They still play the same role as then, but money makes them think they are more than that now and smarter than the rest of us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.