Hollywood Stars and Scientology

Last night on the O’Reily Factor he did a story about a number of Hollywood stars/actors who are heavily involved in Scientology as their religion. I do not know a great deal about this faith, but it seems very strange and non-Christian. Does anyone know what moral norms the faith promotes? Many of these actors are politically active and influential…this scares me…especially considering how easily the youth and uninformed can be influenced by a popular person!

Love & peace in Christ,
Bob

The judge in the Terry Schaivo case was a Scientology member and so were the people on the board at the hospice. In fact the headquarters is in that area of Florida I think.

Type “L. Ron Hubbard” into your search engine - and be prepared

[quote=Fitz]The judge in the Terry Schaivo case was a Scientology member and so were the people on the board at the hospice. In fact the headquarters is in that area of Florida I think.
[/quote]

WOW! I didn’t know that. :eek:

Hollywood stars and scientology…is very simple…the scientologists go after those with money.

They have a special wing of their religion dedicated to recruiting celebrities.

Here’s a fun way to learn all about scientology xenu.net/archive/scientology_illustrated/

Yeah, xenu.net all that you ever wanted to know about Scientology, that Tom Cruise and John Travolta don’t even know about Scientology is here

www.XENU.net

“Xenu” is one the Scientology “gods” (so to speak) that you learn about at the “Operating Thetan” levels. Its basically a science fiction that Hubbard turned into a money-making religion in the 1950s with his book “Dianetics.”

The guy who runs the site is agnostic, he is not an ex-scientologist so has no axe to grind. He just enjoys doing research and has compiled a very good site that tells all. I work in the city of Clearwater, FL one of Scientology’s headquarters.

Phil P

[quote=Fitz]The judge in the Terry Schaivo case was a Scientology member and so were the people on the board at the hospice. In fact the headquarters is in that area of Florida I think.
[/quote]

I heard the judge is Southern Baptist, and was kicked out of his church…and that Micheal Schaivo’s attorny George Felos(sp) is the one who is Scientology.

Pam…:hmmm:…that is if memory serves me correctly…

Hollywood people always have wierd cr*p for their religions…

edit: what exactly does scientology teach anyway?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.