Holocaust Conference in Iran

Yes, of all places they had a conference on the holocaust in Iran. The Iranian President being such a scholar on it and all. He invited some pretty high class people including David Duke. You remember him? Former head of the Klu Klux Klan. That’s truly impressive. Basically the conference denied the holocaust happened. Hitler was apparently framed and misunderstood. In fact he often passed out tea and cookies to Jews. It also was replete with anti-Israel and anti-Semitic propaganda. The only thing I can’t figure is how Jimmy Carter wasn’t invited to be keynote speaker.

This kind of thing should be a warning to those who think Iran has benevolent intentions or that Islam is friendly towards Judaism.

the invitees seem to have included David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader; Georges Thiel, a Frenchman who has called the Holocaust “an enormous lie”; and Fredrick Töben, a German-born Australian whose specialty is the denial of Nazi gas chambers. The guest list was selective: No one with any academic eminence, or indeed any scholarly credentials, was invited.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

slate.com/id/2155328/?GT1=8900

:amen:

I am sorry I am unfamiler with why Jimmy Carter would have been invited. Has he expressed denial in the Holocaust.

No he hasnt but his new book contains some material which are borderline if not straight up anti-Semitism.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.