Holy Card Collections... Post Yours

I would love to see the Holy Card collections of other CAF’ers… The picture below is not my complete collection, but, is good to get the ball running…

I will list in order the names that I can remember of the cards starting from top left to right…

1. St. Padre Pio
  2. St. Anthony (my grandfather’s… 1950’s)
  3. Jesus the Good Shepherd (my grandfather’s… 1950’s)
  4. Archangel Raphael
  5. Our lady of Perpetual Help
  6. Beatified Juan Carlos Rodriguez (1st Puerto Rican Beato)
  7. forgot name
  8. It’s an old one my grandmother had from the 1940’s… I think its “Sacred Heart of Mary”
  9. Mother Theresa
  10. Another OLPH (my Aunt’s… pretty old)
  11. Pope JPII
  12. Mary Magdalene
    12a) St. Dymphna
  13. St. Paul of the Cross
  14. Our Lady of Divine Providence (Patroness of Puerto Rico)
  15. Pope B-16
  16. Our Lady of Fatima (another old one from 1940’s),
  17. Archangel Michael
  18. Saint Dominic
  19. St. Gemma Galgani
  20. Our Lord, the Good Shepherd
  21. Ven. Father Solanus
  22. Sister Lucia kneeling before statue of Our Lady of Fatima (I got this one from writing Sr. Lucia)
  23. Our Lady of La Salette
  24. St .Maria Goretti
  25. St. Joan of Arc
  26. Don’t know the name
  27. Sacred Heart of Jesus
  28. Our Lady of Sorrows
  29. St. Joseph w/child Jesus (my grandfather’s)

I have such a love for holy cards… I must have 200 altogether in my collection. Well, that’s enough for now… I hope to inspire others to post their holy cards.

God bless

Thank you for posting those, you have some really interesting ones. It’s lovely that you have ones from your grandfather… :slight_smile:

[quote=ora_pro_nobis]Thank you for posting those, you have some really interesting ones. It’s lovely that you have ones from your grandfather… :slight_smile:
[/quote]

No need to thank me… :slight_smile: Because of my love for holy cards I am especially interested in seeing much older ones or unique ones from other Catholics.

My grandfather was a very simple farmer, but, had a great love for the Church…so when I was given his holy cards upon his death it made me feel that much closer to him.

God bless

Wow… not one person has even one holy card to post??? I think I am going to cry… :crying: Perhaps I am the only holy card collector here… hmmmm :hmmm:

Come on… I know with all the Catholic’s here this can’t be so… Where’s the Hamburgler when you need him for a secret mission…? lol

God bless

Might be because so many people are away for Lent. I give all mine away. I think it is totally cool that you have some from your relatives. I’ve never thought of such a thing before. You’ve inspired me!

perhaps it will take some time for people to scan or take pictures of their collection.

Most of the ones I had I gave to a young lady who collects… lots of the 40’s and 50’s… each a mini masterpiece.

I’ve just started my collection. Went to the dollar store and bought a little photo album to keep them in, wrinkle and dust free. I don’t have a scanner, etc., or I’d send you a pic. You ought to see what was available on ebay a few days ago. 200+ cards, some vintage, and the lot sold for $73. Search ebay for prayer cards, laminated cards, or holy cards. Lots available. Some cheaper than what I can get them for locally.

Monday, when I am at my other parish I’ll see if I have some time to scan in some of the holy cards that I have. I was able to get some nice old ones when in the seminary at Mount Angel. I was helping move books in the library and was given permission to keep some of the old holy cards that were in some of the books.

I have only just started to collect, and they are marking passages in various prayer books and bibles, but I will scan them in one day soon, I promise! :yup:

[quote=Maryam]Wow… not one person has even one holy card to post??? I think I am going to cry… :crying: Perhaps I am the only holy card collector here… hmmmm :hmmm:

Come on… I know with all the Catholic’s here this can’t be so… Where’s the Hamburgler when you need him for a secret mission…? lol

God bless
[/quote]

I think lots of people do but first they have to have a camera, presumably digital, and they have to know how to use it properly, then they have to know how to get photos into a computer, and then import them into the forum. For most people that’s hard!

As part of their research into the genealogy of Clinton County, IL, the gals on the genweb came up with a web page FULL of holy cards remembering the dearly departed, some of which are about 100 years old:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilclint2/prayercards/index.htm

I am not being serious in saying that maybe I am the only collector here… I am just being “dramatic” in a joking way. :wink: But, I do hope to see later on some other holy cards in this thread God willing.

I think tis’ better if they are away for Lent and doing their part in practicing their faith, than to be fretting about collecting holy cards…but, I am glad to have inspired you Forest-Pine… Hopefully, it will lead to a holy card posting, perhaps? hehe

MrS How sweet of you to give your cards away… very unselfish of you. I am really attached to mine… Yeah, your right it takes time to scan and post stuff.

wacky I don’t have a scanner either… it is more take a pic with a huge light so that pics aren’t too dark… try and find the right position to keep out the glare of the light… fight with the camera… and after an eternity finally get a pic LOL… Very time consuming… Sometimes want to throw the camera out the window. :wink: and Wowzers about that E-bay 200 holy card collection for only $73… :eek:

**frleo **That would be great to see… :slight_smile: Nice that you were allowed to keep those holy cards.

ora_pro_nobis You don’t have to promise… :slight_smile: but, secretly I hope you do post some. :wink: :yup:

** Thistle**, yeah, I know its hard…for a good 5 years I was strictly using a WebTV unit and when I finally got my hands on a computer I was sweating like someone was torturing me out of fear that I might mistakenly erase all the information on my PC. :bigyikes: LOL Took me awhile to get “un-challenged with PC technology”.

God bless all

[quote=OutinChgoburbs]As part of their research into the genealogy of Clinton County, IL, the gals on the genweb came up with a web page FULL of holy cards remembering the dearly departed, some of which are about 100 years old:

[rootsweb.com/~ilclint2/prayercards/index.htm](“http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilclint2/prayercards/index.htm”)
[/quote]

Fantastic! That is such a wonderful way to remember your loved ones… Thanks so much for the link. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote=Maryam]I am not being serious in saying that maybe I am the only collector here… I am just being “dramatic” in a joking way. :wink: But, I do hope to see later on some other holy cards in this thread God willing.

I think tis’ better if they are away for Lent and doing their part in practicing their faith, than to be fretting about collecting holy cards…but, I am glad to have inspired you Forest-Pine… Hopefully, it will lead to a holy card posting, perhaps? hehe

MrS How sweet of you to give your cards away… very unselfish of you. I am really attached to mine… Yeah, your right it takes time to scan and post stuff.

wacky I don’t have a scanner either… it is more take a pic with a huge light so that pics aren’t too dark… try and find the right position to keep out the glare of the light… fight with the camera… and after an eternity finally get a pic LOL… Very time consuming… Sometimes want to throw the camera out the window. :wink: and Wowzers about that E-bay 200 holy card collection for only $73… :eek:

**frleo **That would be great to see… :slight_smile: Nice that you were allowed to keep those holy cards.

ora_pro_nobis You don’t have to promise… :slight_smile: but, secretly I hope you do post some. :wink: :yup:

** Thistle**, yeah, I know its hard…for a good 5 years I was strictly using a WebTV unit and when I finally got my hands on a computer I was sweating like someone was torturing me out of fear that I might mistakenly erase all the information on my PC. :bigyikes: LOL Took me awhile to get “un-challenged with PC technology”.

God bless all
[/quote]

I’ll try it in the coming weeks and will post if successful!

Quite a collection there!

Number 7 looks to be Our Lady Help of Christians - I love her :heart: she’s the patroness of Australia :bounce: and the Sydney diocese as well :bounce: :bounce:

I only have a few - St Francis of Assisi, St Therese the Little Flower, St Jude, the Infant of Prague and one of the Shroud of Turin. Don’t have a scanner or pics of them though unfortunately.

Here is a small collection of mine.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/magno_/scan0006.jpg

Starting from the top and going across:

1: The Holy Family
2: Our Lady of the Bowed Head.
3: Our Lady
4: Our Lady and infant Jesus (Song of the Angels)

And here are some more:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/magno_/scan0005.jpg

Starting from top and going across:

1: Saint Peter.
2: Saint Martin de Tours.
3: Our Lady of Guadalupe.
4: Saint Michael the Archangel.
5: Saint Benedict.
6: Sant Dewi (Saint David)

Just found another one:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/magno_/scan8.jpg

The Divine Mercy.

Thistle Take your time… :slight_smile: Just remember I will be here waiting… bwahahaha… silly me… lol

LilyM Thanks so much for telling me its “Our Lady Help of Christians”… :slight_smile: That card was a funeral card and did not have a description of the image.

Pious Oh, those cards are beautiful! :clapping: Especially the one called “Our Lady of the Bowed Head”… gorgeous. I also like the Saint Benedict one as well. Could you tell me more about the Sant Dewi one (Saint David)… never heard of David in this form before.

Thanks and God bless all

Yes I like Our Lady of the Bowed Head, a very interesting story on the back of that prayer card.

Dewi Sant (St.David) is the nawdd Sant of Cymru (patron Saint of Wales), his feats day is March 1st.

For more info see:

newadvent.org/cathen/04640b.htm

historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/Wales-History/StDavid.htm

saintdavid.org.uk/ (click on links on left menu)

catholic-forum.com/saints/saintd08.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.