Holy Days

I tried asking this on a diffrent forum and didn’t get a resonse. I can’t remeber if it’s “All souls Day” or “All Saints Day”, sorry my memory of once heard words isn’t that good. anyhow I was wondering about the Holy Day on November 1 (which ever one of those, if one of those, ) would be my first Holy day and I was wondering if someone would tell me what to expect so I don’t look like a complete idiot (kinda what most people look like when they go to their first mass out of cuoriousty)? And would someone tell me the complete set of holy days so I don’t goof later on? Do all Holy day services have the same format or are do they each have a disently diffrent set of movements? Thanks for the help.

All Saints day is November 1 and is a holy day of obligation.

All Souls day is November 2 and is NOT a holy day of obligation.

If you have been to mass before, then it is just like a Sunday mass. Masses on Holy days of obligation are more “Sunday-like” and longer than the typical weekday mass.

Complete set (for the United States):

[list]
*]January 1 Mary Mother of God
*]40th day of Easter (39 days after Easter Sunday) The Ascension of the Lord
*]August 15 Assumption of the Virgin Mary
*]November 1 All Saints
*]December 8 Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
*]December 25 Christmas
[/list]

some of the dates of holy days of obligations may fall on certain days of the week that the bishop of some diocese may move to the following sunday.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.