Holy Father prays for nuns kidnapped in Syria

Pope Francis has called for all Catholics to pray for a group of nuns seized from their convent in Syria and for all hostages held in the war-torn country.

“I invite you all to pray for the nuns of the Greek Orthodox convent of St Takla of Maalula in Syria who were forcibly taken away by armed men two days ago,” the Holy Father (above) said at his general audience in St Peter’s Square this morning. “We pray for these nuns and for all kidnap victims in the conflict.”

Full report: sconews.co.uk/news/33421/holy-father-prays-for-nuns-kidnapped-in-syria/

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :signofcross:

Prayers for the nuns said for their safety and that they will be returned unharmed. Also, prayers for all those kidnapped for strength to endure and relase from their bondage.
Mary.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Lord God, protect these nuns, from all evil, Lord. Protect them.

Praying hard for the nuns.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful; O Mother of thy Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen.

In addition to the nuns, three maids were also taken captive. According to a phone conversation with mother superior Pelagia Sayyaf, they are all in one house and are not being ill-treated. News reports indicate that they were captured by persons affiliated with al-Nusra, which is regarded as a terrorist group.

Many Christian leaders have appealed for the release of the women. In addition, the Grand Mufti of Lebanon, Mohammed Rashid Qabbani, has also done so. In a statement relayed by the Lebanese National News Agency, Qabbani said that “kidnapping and physical abuse go contrary to the teachings of Islam, and are offensive to the essential teachings of tolerance especially at a time of conflict and war.”

english.al-akhbar.com/content/pope-lebanon-mufti-call-release-maaloula-nuns

asianews.it/news-en/Greek-orthodox-patriarch-Youhanna-X-Yazigi-appeals-to-conscience-of-nun%E2%80%99s-kidnappers-29726.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.