Holy Father

Do you pray for him? How often?

The Holy Father is my “Special Intention” on all Sundays. And whenever he is traveling, or making any kind of Pilgrimage. I often pray for him, before the Blessed Sacrament too. God bless.:slight_smile:

At every Mass.

And maybe he will obtain extra prayers from around the world thanks to your post!

I sure hope so.

I pray for the Pope’s intentions close to everyday. I admit I’m human and forget. I remember more often than not. I agree with PP that more people probably will now!

Daily…or try to…also human too and I forget sometimes. A general intention does suffice. In other words to have a general intention that is subject to human forgetfulness is acceptable to God as a daily intention if that is the general intention one has…renew heartfelt general intention as often as it is recalled.

Yes, everyday
Oh my Jesus, through the immaculate heart of Mary
I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day
for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart
In union will the Masses said throughout the world today
in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all my relatives and friends, and expecially for those of the Holy Father.

I also pray for all priests I know, our Bishop, all the clergy throughout the world and ESPECIALLY for the Holy Father
May God grant them the graces to be strong ,Holy, and loving priests. oh Yeah…AMEN

I pray for the Holy Father every day.

Besides the fact that it’s just a good thing to do, it is also one of the usual requirements for a plenary indulgence (along with Confession within a week or so, receiving Holy Communion, and detachment from sin). There are easy ways to gain a plenary indulgence every day (for yourself or for a soul in Purgatory), so I try not to waste those opportunities to draw from the Church’s treasury.

I pray for the Holy Father often. I do it in ascending order–our Deacons, our Priests, our Bishop, and the Pope.:slight_smile:

Oh, this is good to know! I sometimes say to Our Lord… that I’d like to offer prayers for this or that… and “please accept them, Lord… even if I forget to mention intention”… which is VERY probable, these days. :blush:

Thanks for this assurance, Barb.

MV

Of course I pray for the pope’s Intentions in my daily rosary, to obtain the indulgences for the Church Suffering.

Though we may forget…The Lord knows our hearts and that we would remember if we only could remember…and that when we do remember we will take up our intention(s) again…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.