Holy Grail buried under Roman basilica?

Holy Grail buried under Roman basilica?

Rome, Jun. 20, 2007 (CWNews.com) - An Italian archaeologist, Alfredo Barbagallo, claims that the legendary Holy Grail is hidden in the catacombs under the 6th-century Roman basilica of St. Lawrence Outside the Walls.

Barbagallo believes that the Holy Grail-- the chalice used at the Last Supper-- is kept in a room that is now buried under the basilica. His claim is based on two years of studying medieval iconography inside the basilica. In the wake of Barbagallo’s claim, archeological authorities in Rome may give approval for the catacombs to be opened and examined.

According to tradition, Pope Sixtus II entrusted all the treasures of the Church to Lawrence, a deacon in Rome. Some accounts testify that the Holy Grail was among those treasures. St. Lawrence himself was martyred in 258, and the basilica was built on the spot of his death.

cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=51919

Come on! We all know Indy left it at Pella! :thumbsup:

I thought Mary Magdeline was the Holy grail?

duh, Joseph of Arimethea, Glastonbury, Parsifal

The Holy Grail is my Colt Woodsman, the most accurate .22 caliber pistol I’ve ever shot. I searched for years for one like this, and finally found it.:smiley:

The true Holy Grail is in Valencia!!! Benedict XVI and John Paul II made their masses with this Grail.

Well, we know for sure it is NOT at Castle Anthrax – They just have a grail-shaped beacon.

:newidea:
tee

Don’t tell the Oak Island Treasure trekies.

“…what is your favorite color?..”

Blue!

No, Yellow! ARRRRRRGGHHHH!

…I’ve just cut off your arm…
No you aven’t…it’s just a scratch…

OK now stop this idle banter or I shall be forced to say ‘Nee’ to you!

I’ll ask him but I don’t think he’ll be too keen…we already got one, you see?

I would like to see this news report from the Vatican:

Rome, Jun. 20, 2007 (AP) - The Vatican announced today that The Holy Grail was never lost and was always where Jesus Christ said it would be. The Vatican Museum commented that the Holy Grail will be on display daily at a Catholic Church near you. For an appropriate list of times, please call the office of your local Catholic Church. Grail enthusiasts are asked to dress appropriately and to listen for the words: “this is the cup of my blood.”

but I have a shrubbery…

Oh, no. Oh, no! Bad, bad Zoot!

Si! amazon.com/St-Laurence-Holy-Grail-Valencia/dp/0970568215

“No, it is too perilous!” “I’ll bet you’re gay!” “No, I’m not.” :smiley:

Narrative Interlude: Sir Launcelot had saved Sir Galahad from almost certain temptation, but they were still no nearer the Grail. Meanwhile, King Arthur and Sir Bedevere, not more than a swallow’s flight away, had discovered something. Oh, that’s an unladen swallow’s flight, obviously. I mean, they were more than two laden swallows’ flights away-- four, really, if they had a coconut on a line between them. I mean, if the birds were walking and
dragging–

Well, u-- um, can we come up and have a look?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.