Holy grail???

So this is my first post. I have not found anything in the forums.

I have been taught that the Holy Grail is found in Valencia, Spain. Pope John Paul II celebrated Mass with this Grail.
valenciavalencia.com/sights-guide/holy-grail-valencia.htm

There is a Holy Grail foundation doing a tour this year with what they claim to be the Holy Grail. They are not the same one they even look very different so which one if any would be the right one?
holygrailfound.com/evidence.html

Catholic Encyclopedia

A word as to the attitude of the Church towards the legend. It would seem that a legend so distinctively Christian would find favour with the Church. Yet this was not the case. Excepting Helinandus, clerical writers do not mention the Grail, and the Church ignored the legend completely. After all, the legend contained the elements of which the Church could not approve. Its sources are in apocryphal, not in canonical, scripture, and the claims of sanctity made for the Grail were refuted by their very extravagance. Moreover, the legend claimed for the Church in Britain an origin well nigh as illustrious as that of the Church of Rome, and independent of Rome. It was thus calculated to encourage and to foster any separatist tendencies that might exist in Britain. As we have seen, the whole tradition concerning the Grail is of late origin and on many points at variance with historical truth.

I saw a documentary on the tunnels underneath the temple on the mount in Jerusalem, they were only allowed to go so far but not in the area where the mosque stands, in the area they were in, there was alot of pottery, and other remains left, I think the ark could be in one of the tunnels underneath the mosque.

Its also curious that the muslims are digging underneath the mosque too…I wonder what they are looking for?

Can you imagine how the world would change if they found the ark?!!! WOW!

An “enchanter” knows of a cave … a cave which no man has entered. There is much danger … for beyond the cave lies the Gorge of Eternal Peril which no man has ever crossed. Seek ye the Bridge of Death …

But, beware of bunnies.

:smiley:

I think adrift gave me the best answer. Anyways, I was just curious because of the PAdre Pio tour in America.

BTW I saw a part of the Holy Grail movie and man those bunnies are dangerous.

Unless, of course, you happen to have a Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch in your possession :slight_smile:

Consult the Book of Armaments!

Funny… my wife and I had a brief conversation about the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant last night.

These two items (if they still exist) are probably best left undiscovered or hidden (whichever the case may be). My belief (and that’s exactly what it is… MINE. I don’t speak for the Church) is that there are certain things that are best left alone and undisturbed. The Grail and the Ark are two such things.

It depends on what kind of person finds them though. Imagine if a TRUE christian found them…our world would bet a whole lot better! I think we can rest assured Hitler did not find them though, we would be living in a much different world if he had!!

I would just like to know what kind of power these things hold, I think that would be incredible to learn about.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.