Holy Harley - Papal blessing for 1400 bikes [CNAU]

Apr 16, '13 6:00 am
To celebrate its 110th year in business, Harley-Davidson is holding rallies across the world, but the piece de resistance will take place in St Peter’s Square in Rome on June 16 when Pope Francis blesses 1400 Harleys, reports The Australian.http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cathnews/RSS/~4/mpEiHUmepCs

More…

That’s awesome. :slight_smile:

I was in St. Peter’s square a number of years ago - along with thousands of others of course - watching the pope bless this or that group until, at the very end, he offered a blessing for “the machines” and suddenly there was this tremendous racket that just overwhelmed all the other noise in the square. It turned out to be 50+ Ferrari’s revving their engines. One can scarcely imagine what 1400 motorcycles will sound like.

Ender

I see lots of mentions of Triumph and Victory in the Bible, but none of Harley, so I’m sure the Pope is deviating from scripture here:mad::(:o

Though if any group of bikes or bikers needs a special blessing it surely is Harleys and their riders.:stuck_out_tongue:

Especially Harleys. I was on my Kawasaki following a friend on his Harley and I could hear his engine over mine and he was about 100 feet in front of me. :rolleyes:

I’m in love with the Fat Boy Lo, does Triumph make anything similar? It’ll be a while before I can justify buying one, though.

There’s this (Triumph Thunderbird), which is similar (only better:p)

Hmm… the specs are really impressive, and the price is certainly a little better.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.