Holy Land's bishops file police complaint after rabbi calls for burning of churches [CWN]

The Assembly of Catholic Ordinaries of the Holy Land has filed a complaint with police against Rabbi Ben-Zion Gopstein after he expressed support for the burning of churches during a panel …

More…

I am happy they filed a complaint. This rabbi is advocating terrorism.

That is disgusting. I am praying that all Christians in that region will be safe. :slight_smile:

May God bless you all abundantly and forever! :slight_smile:

From the article:

" [Rabbi] Gopstein is the head of Lehava, or Organization for Prevention of Assimilation in the Holy Land, which opposes the integration of Jews and non-Jews.

“These remarks, which came after a troublesome act of vandalism against the Holy Place of Tabgha in Israel, are unacceptable to the Assembly of Catholic Ordinaries of the Holy Land,” the bishops said. “They incite hatred and pose a real threat to the Christian religious buildings in the country. The Catholic community in the Holy Land is fearful and feels in danger.”

May all who dwell in this troubled land find peace and reconciliation through our Lord.
Amen.

John: 17:21

:amen:

Christians are persecuted all the time by Jews in Israel, it just never gets covered by US media. All we hear about is the lop sided pro Jew mumbo jumbo from misguided evangelicals like Ted Cruz…eg preaching to persecuted middle eastern Christians that they need to support the Jews…idiot…

What was this Rabbi’s exact explanation for this call?

MJ

Thats why i dont like jews.they continue to oppress the palestenian people,including christians .i used to have a palestenian catholic client,who narrated to me how the jewish people maltreated them and its a never ending saga!

My understanding is that Lahava, the group referenced in the news article, is a minority group; it would be erroneous to suggest that their views represent those of all Jews.
There is a diversity of viewpoints concerning the troubles in the region.

The group Peace Now offers one such alternative.
peacenow.org/

Jews for Justicefor Palestinians would be another example.
jfjfp.com/

They are a founding member of European Jews for a Just Peace.
ejjp.eu/

Jewish scholars such as Simha Flapan (author of The Birth of Israel: Myths and Realities) and Noam Choamsky (The Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians) are but two Jewish authors whose research might help to shed light upon the challenges faced in that troubled region.

May God bless all who visit our thread.
Amen.

they definitely do not represent all Jews.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.