Holy Saturday - First Saturday in April

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

This "confluence" of dates: First Friday on Good Friday and First Saturday being also Holy Saturday may have happened before but I do not remember ever noticing it. Yesterday, I thought to myself, how appropriate to be remembering on the same day, Jesus' death on the cross with the piercing of His Heart, and First Friday which Jesus asked of St. Margaret Mary for Reparation.

So this morning, as we experience Holy Saturday, how appropriate that we remember the First Saturday devotion of Reparation to Mary's Immaculate Heart, asked of Sr. Lucia of Fatima:
The visits of Our Lady to Lucia did not end with those in 1917. In fact it was only through later apparitions that Lucia received permission to make known some of the messages revealed in 1917.
While Lucia was in her room at the convent of the Sisters of St. Dorothy, Our Lady and the Child Jesus appeared to her. Resting her right hand on Lucia's shoulder, the Blessed Mother held in her other hand a Heart surrounded by sharp thorns. The Divine Child was the first to speak to Lucia: "Have pity on the Heart of your most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation."
Then Our Lady made known her request for Communions of reparation: "My daughter, look at my Heart encircled with the thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. Do you at least try to console me and announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to me." ( Source:  [rosary-center.org/fatimams.htm](http://www.rosary-center.org/fatimams.htm))
Today, as we commemorate the Saturday after Jesus' passion when Mary waited in faith for His Resurrection, let us keep her company.

holy saturday is the only time the first saturday can not be fulfiled on the saturday. normally you can fulfill the obligation by going to mass at any time on a saturday, today easter saturday, the vigil mass is the sunday mass not a saturday mass as no mass aloud on easter saturday.
see thread below
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=661863

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.