Holy See to UN: Too many children denied "fundamental" right to life

(Vatican Radio) Eliminating violence against children demands that States, governments, civil society and religious communities support and enable the family to carry out its proper responsibility, according to the Holy See’s Permanent Observer to the United Nations in New York.

Archbishop Bernardito Auza was speaking on Friday at a committee meeting on the Rights of the Child. He also reminded delegates of the 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, which he called a “prominent standard” in the promotion and protection of the rights of the child.

“It contains such fundamental principles as the protection of the rights of the child before as well as after birth, the family as the natural environment for the growth and education of children, and the right of the child to health care and education,” said Archbishop Auza.

en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/10/20/holy_see_to_un_too_many_children_denied_right_to_life/1108987

Two orders are at war in the world, and at the heads of the two are the Holy See and the UN. Always at war…and in the end we will prevail, though at the moment it seems that the UN is getting pretty powerful…

UN are useless anyway. Nations only listen to them when they want to and the UN is so slow to make decisions on anything. Their idea of fighting terrorists is waiting until they grow powerful, send a strongly worded letter and then sit back and do nothing. Mix that in with them not giving a bother about unborn life and you realise that they do little good and a lot of bad.

Exactly…and they seem to have a mission of destroying the Church…

Yeah. They don’t like how the Church is trying to fight against abortion, contraception and gay marriage. And the UN is winning the battle against a continuously dying Church. In my class in an Augustinian school in Ireland, while they all say they’re “catholic”, none of them believe in God. And the worst thing about it is that even though they say it conflicts with science and its silly, if you ask them why they just say, “We’re made of like, um…cells so how could we have souls?” But even though none of them believe, they still all say that their religion is “catholic” when they fill in a form or whatever even when I bring them up on the fact that they clearly aren’t(one day I was like, “You’re Catholic? But you don’t even-” “Yeah, aren’t you?” “Well yes but you don’t even believe in God” and then no response).

And that, my fellow Catholics, is why you might read in surveys that there are still tons of Catholics even though it doesn’t feel like it.

I see your point. It is a sign of how we are living in the time of the Great Apostasy. Being optimistic about it, the Church calls it an opportunity for the New Evangelization.

True, true, exactly.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.