holy spirit and sin

Now is the Holy Spirit the person that teaches and guides? What about when in sin? I have sinned and intend to get to confession. I was sealed at confirmation on Easter many years ago. That spirtus sanctus never leaves does it. But does it cease speaking? That part of initiation I don’t understand. My prayers are to the blessed virgin to pray for me and take to her Son. Who Would take it to the Father I guess. Where the Holy Spirit fit in here? I have been feeling run down even going to Mass regularly. my family fights constantly and I have been staying with them. I might’ve said something wrong. IDK I will explain to my confessor.

If a person commits a mortal sin - until they are returned to grace yes the Holy Spirit does not dwell in them as he did.

God (the Holy Trinity) of course is present - as God is present everywhere.

And the Holy Spirit gives one actual graces …leading one to repent etc.

The seal is not effected - in that it does not get removed. It is indelible.

OK…actual graces, so where does the sanctifying grace come from? The body and blood?

The seal is indelible. Ok that’s good to hear. What is that for anyway?

The Holy Spirit. Via baptism or confession etc.

If one has committed mortal sin they are not to receive Holy Communion -but first go to confession.

1304 Like Baptism which it completes, Confirmation is given only once, for it too imprints on the soul an indelible spiritual mark, the “character,” which is the sign that Jesus Christ has marked a Christian with the seal of his Spirit by clothing him with power from on high so that he may be his witness.121

1305 This “character” perfects the common priesthood of the faithful, received in Baptism, and "the confirmed person receives the power to profess faith in Christ publicly and as it were officially (quasi Ex officio)."122

scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c1a2.htm#III

What is “profess the faith”? Is that just simply living the life?

Proclaim Christ! Evangelize!

Live and affirm that one holds the Faith etc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.