Holy Spirit makes Church always new, Pope says at Pentecost Mass [CWN]

"God always brings newness--and demands our complete trust," Pope Francis said in his homily at a Pentecost Sunday Mass in St. Peter's Square. More than 200,000 people attended the ...

More...

i liked this from the same homily. Its very much like Pope Benedict's style:
It is the Church which brings Christ to me, and me to Christ; parallel journeys are very dangerous! When we venture beyond (proagon) the Church’s teaching and community – the Apostle John tells us in his Second Letter - and do not remain in them, we are not one with the God of Jesus Christ (cf. 2 Jn v. 9). So let us ask ourselves: Am I open to the harmony of the Holy Spirit, overcoming every form of exclusivity? Do I let myself be guided by him, living in the Church and with the Church?"
www.divinemercypopes.com

Tis then the question of the hour. Does the birth of the Holy Spirit inspire in you the very depth of the love of God? The Holy Spirit wants to enkindle His love in the hearts of the faithful and renew the face of the earth. Isn't He someone who can do such a thing. There is no one else that can at this point. Will you help Him to remember that He is part of the Trinity and so help Him renew the face of the earth? Or will you divide Him, make Him go His own way. The Spirit is living. The living Spirit can do considerable good in this world. But if you won't accept Him and seek only to kill Him, there is nothing He can do.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.