Holy Spirit Spoke To ME!

I have spent my entire life in and around churches and people of faith, but I have not been a spiritual person. This is not to say that I have not been a believer, but I have never put any real thought into this belief.

Recently, there something happened in my family that made me really think on my faith and where I stand with God and where I should be with him. So, I started reading, and started praying hard. I came to REALLY believe, what I have believed all along. And as a result, I have wanted to start living the way that I am supposed to. Some of you may know that even though you may really want to change the way you live it is not an easy thing do (Actually, it is impossible to do it on our own). I read a great book called “Be A Man” by a Fr. Larry Richards and it gave me some insight, but I felt like I was not putting it into action successfully yet (except that I have successfully adding his advice on praying). I couldnt find out how God wanted me to do things differently in my daily life. Well, I got a simple answer today. And it come from two sources. I watched a movie on St. Therese and read a post by TimothyH on this forum which I believe the Holy Spirit was using to speak to me. TimothyH post was:

“Pray, put it in God’s hands and be faithful to the small things which God places in front of us each day - getting up on time, smiling when we don’t feel like smiling, praying when we want to go to bed instead, answering the phone when we know it will be that difficult customer on the other end of the line.
His master said to him, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. Since you were faithful in small matters, I will give you great responsibilities. Come, share your master’s joy. (Matthew 25:21)
Faithfulness in small matters. That is what we are called to do.”

The same thing is said in the movie. I have been reading, praying and going to daily mass (I am not even Catholic at this point) for the past few weeks and could tell that I am changed, but I am very young in my journey. Please pray for me and those in my position. I have a fire lit under me and I want to hold it.

I just wanted to share this with someone. Sorry for be long winded, I just got a great adrenaline rush, much like the ones I have been getting while reading and truly finding out the significance what it is that Christ did for us. God Bless.

My special prayers. All the best and God Bless you abundantly in your journey.

best regards
Pitcharan

God bless you, Kmfioc. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Yes, God bless. I started out as a Methodist. I appreciate you sharing with us.

That’s wonderful! I certainly will pray for you:)

This post made me very happy! May the Lord be with you on your journey home.

Nice story.
God bless you in your faith journey.

Thank you for being long-winded. I’m so glad you posted.

Kmfioc thanks for sharing. I know what you are talking about. I had the same thing happen to me out of nowhere two weeks ago. I have been thirsting for God’s presence ever since. And I believe the Holy Spirit actually touched me several days ago when praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. I will pray it everyday for the rest of my life. You should look into it. It changed everything for me. I will pray my next one for you

I might add that I haven’t been a devoted Catholic in many years before this awakening

Praise the Lord!

It quite possibly was the Holy Spirit. If so, well and good.

Now I don’t want to sound like a Jeremiah, but my experience is that if you have an exalted spiritual experience from God (and particularly if you have a series of them) then there’s a good chance that in the near future you will have a series of false imitations from the devil.

It’s a bit like Peter and the disciples, being promised a “kingdom” where they would judge the twelve tribes of Israel (Luke 22:28-32). In the very next breath, Christ warned Peter in particular that the devil had asked to sift him like wheat, but He had prayed for Peter.

Just letting you know. I wouldn’t be too concerned about it, since even this sort of negative follow up proves the truth of your faith. God is real, Christ is real, and so is the devil, as stated in Scripture.

So don’t be surprised if you find yourself getting some attention from the other side, if the Holy Spirit has spoken clearly to you.

I love reading your post. This is so wonderful.

You are being blessed with the grace to discern the message for you.

Many more blessings to you and love!

I am so happy for you! I am a convert as well. Father Larry spoke at a parish mission at our parish when I was in the process of converting. He taught me many things about the Lord that I had not really understood before. Some have stuck with me and turned out to be absolutely true. You might check his schedule and see if he is coming to your area to speak any time soon. It would be great for you to get to hear him in person. God bless you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.