Holy spirit

I was wondering about 24 hour prayer?
I remember reading a thread the other day but i can’t seem to find it, but if i was correct is’nt telling someone that in 24 hours if you do such and such your prayer will be answered in 24 hours, not right?
Also speaking from the holy spirit?

Is it the Holy spirit? I know some people may be gifted by god ( is it possible?)

Is’nt that acting ( in some form?) as a medium or fortune teller? :confused:

Bellx said : "I was wondering about 24 hour prayer?
I remember reading a thread … telling someone that in 24 hours if you do such and such your prayer will be answered in 24 hours, not right?"

Hmm, I did not read that particular Thread.
But, if someone claims that if you do ANYTHING that it will force God to grant “wishes” … I doubt it.

Just think … if we could :

1. In the morning do that “such and such” … and pray for a Cadillac.

2. In the afternoon, perform that same routine … and pray for a coming storm to turn aside.

3. In the evening, do that hot “such and such” again … and pray for a new Best Friend.

4. Then, the next morning, a shiny car is sitting in the driveway.

5. At 2 PM, the Weather Channel confirms that the storm system has veered off-course, and is heading on a new path.

6. At 5:30 PM, there’s a knock on your Door, and there you meet your new soul-mate.

While Items 4 and 6 might happen (in that “such and such” World), but Item 5 would probably never work out, because there would be too many people re-directing the path of the storm. It would be zig-zagging, second by second.

With that said, I do not understand what the rest of your Post means:

"Also speaking from the Holy Spirit?
Is it the Holy Spirit? I know some people may be gifted by God ( is it possible?)
Isn’t that acting ( in some form?) as a medium or fortune teller?"

Please re-word it, and the rest of us can endeavor to respond to it.

Whenever you pray, whenever you ask for something.

Don’t forget to say “Thy will be done”.

Prayer should never be viewed as a lucky rabbit’s foot you can rub to get your wishes.

If you feel a need to have three wishes, perhaps you should look in junk stores for magic lamps. Or perhaps you should pray to get over your superstitions.

Yes, God can be much offended by such things.

Glenda

Sound like what you are referring to is one of those “Chain Prayers”; of which use is discouraged.

That’s the one!! I was looking for the word - Chain prayers - thank you

Yeah that’s what i thought, God is’nt going to work right now because we want it to like a spoit brat

Thank you - did not know that

Sorry - This Catholic said it was the holy spirit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.