Holy Trinity Monastery in St David Arizona

Anyone familiar with it? If so, can you tell me/us about it? :slight_smile:

Although I am not familiar with it myself, a quick Google search brought up the following info:
-A Benedictine Monastery of the Olivetan tradition, following St. Bernard Tolomei
-Founded in 1974
-Location of a Shrine to the True Cross
-The founder, Fr. Louis Hasenfuss, O.S.B. is still living and currently serves as Prior.

Here’s a link to their website: holytrinitymonastery.org/

Hopefully that helps, although you probably knew all that before! :stuck_out_tongue:

Peace,
+Stephen

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I am looking for a description of their activities/spirituality/etc from someone who knows them. :slight_smile:

If said description might violate CAF Community Standards, please PM it to me instead. Thanks!

I did stop by there to pray and meditate last year as I was on my way to Tombstone, AZ.
They have a bird sanctuary there. Very quiet. Literally out in the middle of no where in the desert. Very small. Didn’t seem to have maybe more than 2-4 monks there.

Anyone else?:slight_smile:

They also have Our Lady of Guadalupe Abbey in Pecos,New Mexico.
There are sisters of this community.

The Olivetan Benedictine Sisters in Jonesboro,Arkansas. The sisters have been here in the US a long time,back in the 1900s.Think they may have been here longer than the monks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.