Home Depot seeks children at multiple gay pride parades

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Home Depot seeks children at multiple gay pride parades[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]http://www.onemilliondads.com/images/nashvillepride2009.jpgAccording to the Nashville Gay Pride website, Home Depot gave over $5,000 to be a major sponsor of its 2009 Gay Pride Festival in June. But simply financing the event wasn't enough for the big box chain.

Home Depot also signed on as a vendor, conducting kid’s craft workshops for children via a special booth set up just for them.

To this end, Home Depot is basically encouraging the attendance of children at events which openly expose them to transvestites, cross-dressers, and homosexual activities.

Unfortunately, Home Depot’s participation in the Nashville Pride Festival doesn’t stand alone. It has also sponsored kid’s booths at other gay events in Atlanta, Kansas City, Durham, Portland, and San Diego.

Gay pride events have a long track record for offensive public displays of homosexual conduct. Obviously, Home Depot is OK with the idea of exposing children to an unhealthy and risky environment. So much so, it is willing to participate in it.

**TAKE ACTION

Let Home Depot know you are sickened by their support and approval of children at homosexual events. If you are a customer, please add an additional personal line to our prepared letter to Home Depot.

After sending your email, make an extra effort to protect children by calling Home Depot personally. Paula Drake is the Senior Manager for Corporate Communications. Her number is 770-384-3439.**
[/FONT]

[/size][/FONT]
Thank you for caring enough to get involved. If you find our efforts worth supporting, would you consider making a small tax-deductible donation to help us continue?

Sincerely,
Donald E. Wildmon, Chairman
OneMillionDads.com
P.S. Please forward this to your family and friends!

Actually, it’s THE PARENTS who choose to bring and expose their children to these events, Home Depot is just supplying construction paper and glue.

That’s it huh? :rotfl:

Yeah, it’s pretty much the parents who bring their kids to this stuff.:confused:

I personally cannot see little junior saying, “Daddy, please take me to the gay pride festival, so I can build a toy train!” :rolleyes:

Indeed. I think the workshops would be a welcome distraction!

Can’t we go anywhere or do anything with these mentally ill sexual deviants (yes, I know, that is redundant) pushing themselves on everyone, spreading their lies and filth and destroying the innocence of even children? When will the fire fall from the sky?

Um, a lot of kids attend gay pride events. A lot of kids have gay parents. I’ve never been to a gay pride event that didn’t have a ton of kids at it. So it’s not necessarily that they’re recruiting random children at the event - more like setting up a service for kids who will already be there. Regardless of what you think of gay people, I think the craft station is being spun in a weird way in this thread.

Well, yes. But the thread is based upon an email from the American Family Association, so that shouldn’t be surprising.

Well firstly just because someone is gay that does not make them anyless human second yes it is up to the parents im sure this company cannot force people to bring their children. Adults gay by streat what ever their sexuality can be a little too touchy kissy infront of kids not just gays. I know i wouldnt want my child seeing people of the same sex kissing bacause then id have to explain what they are to find out eventualy anyway so should they be told about these things? i dont know? but im sure at these events, with kids around, the people there willna be at it infront of the kids. Being gay doesnt take away your sence of responsibility or common sence you know. its the year 2009 shoulndt we be a little open minded?

The point is home depot is fostering an opportunity that is anti-family.

I think that a lot of these companies (Home Depot, Ford, Pepsi) simply see this as a marketing opportunity. Of course, if they wanted the gay community to see their corporate name all they need to do is purchase/rent a billboard on North Halsted Street and avoid the politics. If their product or service is good enough it should be enough to sell itself without going out of its way to pander to whatever group.

Okay, your post was pretty difficult to follow, I presume that English is not your first language. If I follow what you are saying correctly, it appears that you have no idea what goes on at these gay “pride” parades and events. There is nudity, public sex, and sexually explicit activity. That is, in fact, the whole purpose of these events: public sex. This is not the place for any child. And this is absolutely anti-family.

As for being open-minded… To be “open-minded” about these disgusting public displays means that a person has been so open minded that their brains have already fallen out.

FIrst of all, most of these children are there because their parents are gay. Why is HD wrong for giving these kids something fun to do?

You said can’t we go anywhere without these (people) pushing themselves on everyone… but if you are at a GAY parade, I think you are pushing yourself on them. If you don’t want to be around these “deviants” who “spread their lies and filth” don’t go to the GAY parade.

(And I couldn’t even type those words without cringing. What a dispicable thing to say about ANY human being.

This post is not consistent with authentic Catholic moral teachings.

Sharmin,

These Gay Pride parades are not anything like a Veterans Day parade. They are indeed full of deviant behavior. Many gay people are embarrassed by these parades. There are men dressed in women’s panties and bras. dog collars, dancing around, making out and making lewd gestures. They are trying to break down all sexual morality.

To me having a children’s booth at one of these types of parades is like have one at a bad Mardi Gras parade or inside a topless club.

Well, if that’s what they are I stand corrected. Yikes. Carry on!

If parents are taking their children to a Mardi Gras parade or a topless club, wouldn’t you rather have the children distracted by a children’s craft booth?

Would you take your kids to something like this? These pictures are TAME compared to some of the things that go on here. I censored the images, so hopefully they will not be offensive.

There was one I did not include with half-naked men.

This is what Home Depot is sponsoring and encouraging kids to attend.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.