Homecoming queen shares inspirational abortion story

I was just browsing some news sites and I came across this video on FoxNews about an inspirational birth story–the daughter of a woman who was sexually abused but decided to give birth to her.

video.foxnews.com/v/2746874947001/homecoming-queen-shares-inspirational-abortion-story/

:thumbsup:

I really wish they had used a different headline; it sounds like the homecoming queen had an abortion herself from the title, and wanted her story to be “inspirational.”

That said, the ACTUAL story is very touching :).

Great story. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Agreed - on both!

She was interviewed on Fox this morning and what a joyful spirit! She is a perfect spokesperson to humanize the unborn. The only reason so many think it’s fine to kill babies is they do not see them…either in the womb or what the unborn WILL be if allowed to live. Blessings to the mom who turned a horrible situation into a life affirming choice for life.

Also saw this on my FB feed from a news source. If you haven’t looked up the story, please check it out and see the pictures of this lovely young woman.

Lisa

What a wonderful and inspirational story.
God bless all in the pro-life movement.
Mary.

God bless her and her mother who chose life. She seems like a nice person and it almost brings tears to your eyes that abortion could of ended such a bright person from being in the world and makes me think of all the aborted children who won’t have an opportunity to be as bright in the world

That’s always my thought as well. This case is particularly poignant in her conception. So often “reasonable” people will agree abortion as birth control is wrong but OK in the case of rape or incest. There is difference in the circumstances but no difference in the humanity of the unborn child.

Lisa

The video doesn't want to load for me.

[quote="LisaA, post:8, topic:342308"]
That's always my thought as well. This case is particularly poignant in her conception. So often "reasonable" people will agree abortion as birth control is wrong but OK in the case of rape or incest. There is difference in the circumstances but no difference in the humanity of the unborn child.

Lisa

[/quote]

I think it's people attempting to find a 'middle ground' - they can argue that women who chose to have sex should also choose life for the resulting child, but this is much more difficult in cases where the sex act was forced, because the woman is far more likely to have mental/emotional problems.

The problem I have with that argument is that there's an element of misogyny to it - the idea that women who chose to have sex need to 'suffer the consequences' and give birth, but women who didn't choose can be 'let off the hook.' But the pro-life movement is meant to about acknowledging the intrinsic value of human beings from conception to natural death, not punishing women.

Actually I think it’s a lot of people trying to find an acceptable position from a politically correct point of view. This canard is trotted out to prevent restrictions on abortion even though the numbers of these cases are minute compared to the “abortion as birth control” numbers. That being said, if I could pass a law outlawing abortion except in those cases or continue with the current abortion at any time for any reason, believe me, I’d go for the incremental step. Part of something is better than all of nothing!

Another point is that the position completely ignores the mental and emotional problems following an abortion, something the abortion lobby has tried to sweep under the rug.

Not arguing your point but just adding to the issues this brings up. I’m convinced that the best way to prevent abortions is to make it socially unthinkable just as we have done with drunk driving and even smoking by focusing on the humanity of the unborn baby. I believe when faced with reality most would not “choose” abortion but the abortion lobby has done such a good job in hiding the truth that they have had the upper hand in the discussion. Women like this lovely young lady are DYNAMITE in the case to choose life. I hope she is given a megaphone and many opportunities to share her story.

Lisa

Light Up LIFE with Molly Anne Dutton!

youtube.com/watch?v=sD2FkcvIOss

[quote="_Abyssinia, post:12, topic:342308"]
Light Up LIFE with Molly Anne Dutton!

youtube.com/watch?v=sD2FkcvIOss

[/quote]

Great video! Thanks for posting it.
Mary.

What a lovely girl. I hope that her story will reach people and open their hearts and minds to the truth about the dignity of all life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.