Homeopathy - Not medical advice

While I see that this thread is an old one I also observed that never were the facts presented on the origin of Homeopathy. I will make this as short as possible so that you get the facts and why herbal meds are not the same as homeopathy.

Samuel Hahnaman, also known as the Father of Homeopathy was directed by a "spirit guide" in the process of making a homeopathic preparation. All preparations are made according to the directions that were given to Hahnamann by this "spirit". Notice little "s" not Holy Spirit. They are all made by successing (hitting) the jar of fluid, usually water, after a minute amount of an herb, toxin or other substance has been added. You use the palm of your hand only or a leather pad for the successing of the fluid. Repeating this many times by taking a drop of the successed fluid and adding it to another large amount of water or other liquid and hitting the jar on your hand or the leather pad. Thus in the natural processes that God has set in motion you are actually diluting the herb (sometimes 60 or more times) to the point there is basically nothing left of it in the fluid or preparation. But supposedly, according to homeopathic info you have by using the method given by the spirit guide, you have supposedly made a preparation that has "vital energy" or "memory" and will heal a disease or disorder.

The problem is not the herb. The problem is two fold.

One you are using a method that is still the only way to make a homeopathic preparation to this day! It is the same method that was given by a "spirit guide" Not a holy guide, one that is from the fallen angels as Hahnamann was very into the occult. Thus every preparation has been made by divination and demons will be attached to every homeopathic preparation by the very nature of the demonic influence called upon to give the preparation it's "energy" to heal. And remember Satan can heal but at what cost to you and your family's eternal souls???

Two - The other red flag is the preparation will supposedly act in a way that is opposed to the natural processes that God has put into being. Highly diluting a substance that you started out with only a tiny amount of anyway will not make it stronger. This is opposed to God's natural laws.

So in truth when you use a homeopathic remedy you are using something that is made by the directions of a demonic revelation and expecting that it will act in a way that is opposed to the natural order of God's creation and expecting that just because it works it is sanctioned by God. NO! God did not sanction this, He did not give a thumbs up to using an act of divination to create something to heal you.

It does not matter to Satan whether you understand all of this or not. Your use of homeopatic remedies is still the inroad that he is watching for as he only comes to kill, steal and destroy. It is no different than someone innnocently using a Ouija board. The results are all the same, you are opening yourself and your family to demonic influences whether you understand it or not.

The best way to stop this is to renounce it's use in confession, burn all the homeopathic books, pills, etc. after they have been sprinkled with holy water. You do not want to release demonic spirits from these things when burning them. The holy water binds their actions and moves them to the place they belong through the authority of Holy Mother Church and Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Herbal remedies are absolutely NOT the same as Homeopathy! Herbal remedies are using the herb in a way that God intended such as a tea or a poultice. Even when making an herbal tincture you use lots of the herb and cover it with usually alcohol. In time the alcohol helps extract the healing properties in the herb, concentrates them in the alcohol thus making them effective by using say a teaspoon three times a day. This is NOT homeopathy! You have worked with the natural laws God set forth for our greatest good when using herbs in the normal way God intended.

I hope this helps everyone understand why homeopathy is a serious spiritual problem for anyone including Catholics.

Grateful Soul

Read this Vatican document:
vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/interelg/documents/rc_pc_interelg_doc_20030203_new-age_en.html
Homeopathy is one of the many New Age practices that are not compatible with the teachings of our Holy Roman Catholic Church and it is listed in this Vatican document by name as are many of the New Age practices that have recently been discussed.

Also Samuel Hahnaman was into the occult and vehemently hated our Lord Jesus Christ.
You can also read his book The Organon online, it gives quite a different picture than what some had portrayed him to be in other posts I have read on Homeopathy. Whether he was disgusted by the medical care available at the time or not is not a reason to give a thumbs up to Homeopathy or to say he was justified in the path that he took so it should be alright. I am not happy with the medical care of many diseases today but I will not veer off onto a path such as he did. Normal use of herbs, good nutrition, supplements used with good direction are a better and acceptable path of health care that is in line with Holy Mother Church and our own bodies as God created them to heal with good care.

This is not medical advice by the way…all have the right to make informed decisions…

Learn to discern! Not just have an opinion!

Love in our Lord Jesus Christ,
Grateful Soul

The word homeopathic is not used everywhere in society in the same sense of distinction that the Church uses it. One of the forms that my doctor uses for patients to list medications includes a section titled "Homeopathic medicines," and what he's looking for here are any over the counter herbal medicines, vitamins, or things like that. So before setting anything on fire, it might be a good idea to distinguish what it is or look beyond the mere title of it.

A good example of this kind of thing is given by Dr. Peter Kreeft who, in one of his lectures, spoke of bookstores in California putting all books on metaphysics in the occult section. Makes sense to someone, I suppose, but I wouldn't want to see all metaphysics texts burning in the same pile as books on how to use a Ouija board.

I have copied the only text from the Vatican document you link to that mentions homeopathy by name. Note that the text also mentions practices such as Nutritional remedies, chiropractic, and massage (unless you believe these to be evil too???). It does not condemn any of these practices, it only states that advertising connected with New Age may contain these practices.

There is a remarkable variety of approaches for promoting holistic health, some derived from ancient cultural traditions, whether religious or esoteric, others connected with the psychological theories developed in Esalen during the years 1960-1970. Advertising connected with New Age covers a wide range of practices as acupuncture, biofeedback, chiropractic, kinesiology, homeopathy, iridology, massage and various kinds of “bodywork” (such as orgonomy, Feldenkrais, reflexology, Rolfing, polarity massage, therapeutic touch etc.), meditation and visualisation, nutritional therapies, psychic healing, various kinds of herbal medicine, healing by crystals, metals, music or colours, reincarnation therapies and, finally, twelve-step programmes and self-help groups.(25) The source of healing is said to be within ourselves, something we reach when we are in touch with our inner energy or cosmic energy.

Discernment, discernment, discernment. What is the basis for these practices? Since the pontifical document was penned to inform and aid us in protecting our souls, it was neccessary to make sure that these were included for they too are New Age practices OR are sometimes added to with New Age practices. Take nutritional therapies, Twelve Step Programs, massaage and Chiropractic care, not New Age when used simply as they were created to be used but added to often with New Age practices that takes them from normal usages to intertwined with New Age practice. We must be knowledgeable and know the difference in medical, herbal, true nutritional therapies and groups and what has been tainted with New Age ideas and practices. We must know to be able to discern and therefore protect our souls and the souls of those we love.

Before you react to that urge to defend their use, instead research and find out why they are not compatible with Knowing, Loving and Serving God!

This man has done EXTENSIVE research and using scripture as well as many, many other sources reveals why Christians should not use Homeopathy. logosresourcepages.org/NewAge/homeopat.htm

Read the scriptures, get a concordanance, even use one online. Find out what the scriptures say about false worship, demons, divination, true worship, serving God, etc. The teachings of the Church will not contradict the scriptures but will aid us even further in understanding.

This is an article about the pontifical document and New Age practices.
staycatholic.com/new_age.htm

Johnette Benkovic's Book "New Age Counterfeit" can immediately help fill the need to discern. In this book she examines certain facets of the New Age movement in great depth. The book is in a study guide format. Questions for reflection and applicable Scripture passages are included for each chapter. The New Age movement preaches a different Gospel. Moreover, it is interwoven into a complex array of beliefs and programs that often mask the real intent. Benkovic removes many of these masks in this book. She shows us that it is first and foremost Satan's counterfeit; a movement intent on the destruction of Christianity.

Susan Brinkmann has written a series of small booklets called "Learn to Discern". In each booklet she examines one or more of these pagan practices and reveals the truth. A great help is included in I believe each booklet, a 12-page appendix full of practical tools you can use to learn how to discern the difference between New Age and Christian spirituality.
I saw Sue's and Johnette's books here: lhla.org/newage/?page_id=26
No I don't get a thing for telling you about their books except the happy knowledge that if you read them you will be better armed to protect your soul and the souls of your family and friends since I am certain you will want to tell them thus spreading the truth.

ARM yourself with the truth first before you make a decision, don't depend on your opinion. I have had to not only repent but I also had to renounce the use of Homeopathy after finding out the truth about it. But thankfully God gave us the merciful Sacrament of Confession to help repair our souls and give us grace to fight the good fight!

In all love and Christian compassion I write this, my brother and sisters. I don't want to lose a one of you!

Let us therefore arm ourselves with the TRUTH!
In the Holy Name of Jesus our Lord and Savior and with His Love,
Grateful Soul

[quote="Grateful_Soul, post:2, topic:210021"]
Read this Vatican document:
vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/interelg/documents/rc_pc_interelg_doc_20030203_new-age_en.html
Homeopathy is one of the many New Age practices that are not compatible with the teachings of our Holy Roman Catholic Church and it is listed in this Vatican document by name as are many of the New Age practices that have recently been discussed.

Also Samuel Hahnaman was into the occult and vehemently hated our Lord Jesus Christ.
You can also read his book The Organon online, it gives quite a different picture than what some had portrayed him to be in other posts I have read on Homeopathy. Whether he was disgusted by the medical care available at the time or not is not a reason to give a thumbs up to Homeopathy or to say he was justified in the path that he took so it should be alright. I am not happy with the medical care of many diseases today but I will not veer off onto a path such as he did. Normal use of herbs, good nutrition, supplements used with good direction are a better and acceptable path of health care that is in line with Holy Mother Church and our own bodies as God created them to heal with good care.

This is not medical advice by the way...all have the right to make informed decisions...

Learn to discern! Not just have an opinion!

Love in our Lord Jesus Christ,
Grateful Soul

[/quote]

I think the most telling section from the document cited is this one (boldface mine):

"**6.2. Practical steps *

First of all, it is worth saying once again that not everyone or everything in the broad sweep of New Age is linked to the theories of the movement in the same ways. Likewise, the label itself is often misapplied or extended to phenomena which can be categorised in other ways. The term New Age has even been abused to demonise people and practices. It is essential to see whether phenomena linked to this movement, however loosely, reflect or conflict with a Christian vision of God, the human person and the world. The mere use of the term New Age in itself means little, if anything. The relationship of the person, group, practice or commodity to the central tenets of Christianity is what counts.*..."

In other words,

a) nutritional advice, medical techniques, and psychological insights do not automatically become unsound or opposed to Christianity just because someone involved in the "New Age" movement provides them. Conversely, new ideas need to be received with a certain amount of scepticism about whether they are as helpful, harmless (or rooted in fact, for that matter) as advertised. We are in an age that is unusually full of deceit, fuzzy thinking, and almost willful levels of gullibility.

b) Hysteria is not an appropriate response to the situation. The real spiritual dangers present in the New Age movement do not give carte blanche for any witch hunts. We must exercise prudence, but we may not fall into rash judgement.

…"

In other words,

a) nutritional advice, medical techniques, and psychological insights do not automatically become unsound or opposed to Christianity just because someone involved in the “New Age” movement provides them. Conversely, new ideas need to be received with a certain amount of scepticism about whether they are as helpful, harmless (or rooted in fact, for that matter) as advertised. We are in an age that is unusually full of deceit, fuzzy thinking, and almost willful levels of gullibility.

b) Hysteria is not an appropriate response to the situation. The real spiritual dangers present in the New Age movement do not give carte blanche for any witch hunts. We must exercise prudence, but we may not fall into rash judgement.

I agree and that is exactly why I placed in the posts links to investigations, research and books that shows why homeopathy and certain other practices are in opposition to Christian and namely Catholic beliefs. Rash judgement would say that all psycho therapy or alternative forms of medical care are New Age. That certainly is NOT true and not what I have said in earlier posts.
In my prayerful search for the truth about homeopathy I have found it to be true that Homeopathy and the use of it is opposed to the Catholic faith and is dangerous to the Christian soul of any faith. Reading the research is an exercise in prudence and will help one not fall into rash judgement or something worse.
logosresourcepages.org/NewAge/homeopat.htm

Love in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ THE WORD MADE FLESH!
Grateful Soul

I find it interesting that the page you direct us to to help "discern" the truth aobut homeopathy www.logosresourcepages.org is loaded with anti-Catholic sentiment. So I would take what they have to say with a huge grain of salt. I would recommend spending some time evaulating and discerning the sources I use to make my decisions...
Examples from this site:

logosresourcepages.org/History/heidelberg.htm

What difference is there between the Lord's Supper and the Roman Catholic Mass?

A. The Lord's Supper testifies to us that we have complete forgiveness of all our sins through the one sacrifice of Jesus Christ which He Himself has accomplished on the cross once for all (Hb. 10:10,12; 7:26,27; 9:12,25; Jn. 19:30; Mt. 26:28; Lk. 22:19); and that through the Holy Spirit we are incorporated into Christ (1 Cor. 10:16,17; 6:17), who according to His human nature is not now on earth but in heaven, at the right hand of the Father (Jn. 20:17; Col. 3:1; Hb. 1:3; 8:1), and is there to be worshipped (Mt. 6:20,21; Acts 7:55; Phil. 3:20; 1 Th. 1:10). But the Mass teaches that the living and the dead do not have forgiveness of sins through the sufferings of Christ unless He is again offered for them daily by the priest, and that Christ is bodily under the form of bread and wine and is therefore to be worshipped in them. Therefore, the Mass is fundamentally a complete denial of the once for all sacrifice and suffering of Christ and as such an idolatry to be condemned (Hb. 9:26; 10:12,14).

logosresourcepages.org/Believers/apostasy5.htm
The catastrophic departure of the Church of Rome from Apostolic Christianity began with the Emperor Constantine in 312 A.D. when church and state were united. They rejected the "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 1:3.

How Has Rome Rejected God True Church?

They make tradition equal with the Word of God

They baptize babies instead of believers

They make the pope the head of the Church when Christ is the head of the church

They make salvation attainable through the sacraments instead of through Christ the Savior alone.

They sacrifice Christ in the Mass time and time again when Christ was sacrificed once for all

They bow to idols and pray to dead "saints" instead of praying to Christ our only mediator

[quote="mini_me640, post:8, topic:210021"]
I find it interesting that the page you direct us to to help "discern" the truth aobut homeopathy www.logosresourcepages.org is loaded with anti-Catholic sentiment. So I would take what they have to say with a huge grain of salt. I would recommend spending some time evaulating and discerning the sources I use to make my decisions...
Examples from this site:

logosresourcepages.org/History/heidelberg.htm

What difference is there between the Lord's Supper and the Roman Catholic Mass?

A. The Lord's Supper testifies to us that we have complete forgiveness of all our sins through the one sacrifice of Jesus Christ which He Himself has accomplished on the cross once for all (Hb. 10:10,12; 7:26,27; 9:12,25; Jn. 19:30; Mt. 26:28; Lk. 22:19); and that through the Holy Spirit we are incorporated into Christ (1 Cor. 10:16,17; 6:17), who according to His human nature is not now on earth but in heaven, at the right hand of the Father (Jn. 20:17; Col. 3:1; Hb. 1:3; 8:1), and is there to be worshipped (Mt. 6:20,21; Acts 7:55; Phil. 3:20; 1 Th. 1:10). But the Mass teaches that the living and the dead do not have forgiveness of sins through the sufferings of Christ unless He is again offered for them daily by the priest, and that Christ is bodily under the form of bread and wine and is therefore to be worshipped in them. Therefore, the Mass is fundamentally a complete denial of the once for all sacrifice and suffering of Christ and as such an idolatry to be condemned (Hb. 9:26; 10:12,14).

logosresourcepages.org/Believers/apostasy5.htm
The catastrophic departure of the Church of Rome from Apostolic Christianity began with the Emperor Constantine in 312 A.D. when church and state were united. They rejected the "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 1:3.

How Has Rome Rejected God True Church?

They make tradition equal with the Word of God

They baptize babies instead of believers

They make the pope the head of the Church when Christ is the head of the church

They make salvation attainable through the sacraments instead of through Christ the Savior alone.

They sacrifice Christ in the Mass time and time again when Christ was sacrificed once for all

They bow to idols and pray to dead "saints" instead of praying to Christ our only mediator

[/quote]

It is a very good idea to discern the agenda of the webmaster before you even start reading their "objective" research. We all have a slant. We all are forced to pick which facts to include and which to exclude in our writing. We do well to learn the slant of the writer before looking at his or her opinions.

I totally disagree with you on this. The logic you present means that NO ONE who has an bad or incorrect or adverse opinion on the Church can be trusted in their research on other matters. If that is true then there are way too many items that we use that have been researched and/or discovered by people who were anti-Catholic that we are benefiting from everyday. If we use your logic then their research and discoveries cannot be trusted because they were anti-Catholic in their religious opinions. That would certainly make life a bit more complicated than it already is!

If he had been researching the Catholic Church then I could see your point . As it is he is NOT in any way examing the Church. What he gives is research that he did on HOMEOPATHY and that has value. He simply presents the facts that he came away with after extensive research. What other things you read on another section of this website had nothing to do with the information that was presented about Homeopathy. Don’t mix apples with oranges here, the subject was Homeopathy not anti-Catholicism.

Nothing in the link that I gave you was anti-Catholic only anti-Homeopathy.

Love in Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior who died for all, even those who didn’t have a good opinion of HIM! Praise be to God! Praise be to the Holy Spirit! Praise be to Jesus Christ!
Grateful Soul

[quote="Grateful_Soul, post:10, topic:210021"]
I totally disagree with you on this. The logic you present means that NO ONE who has an bad or incorrect or adverse opinion on the Church can be trusted in their research on other matters. If that is true then there are way too many items that we use that have been researched and/or discovered by people who were anti-Catholic that we are benefiting from everyday. If we use your logic then their research and discoveries cannot be trusted because they were anti-Catholic in their religious opinions. That would certainly make life a bit more complicated than it already is!

[/quote]

I'm just saying that I personally will not take spiritual advice or direction from a person or group that comes from an anti-Catholic POV. You can do what you like, but in my opinion they are not a credible source on spiritual matters, period.

[quote="Grateful_Soul, post:10, topic:210021"]

If he had been researching the Catholic Church then I could see your point . As it is he is NOT in any way examing the Church. What he gives is research that he did on HOMEOPATHY and that has value. He simply presents the facts that he came away with after extensive research. What other things you read on another section of this website had nothing to do with the information that was presented about Homeopathy. Don't mix apples with oranges here, the subject was Homeopathy not anti-Catholicism.

Nothing in the link that I gave you was anti-Catholic only anti-Homeopathy.

Love in Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior who died for all, even those who didn't have a good opinion of HIM! Praise be to God! Praise be to the Holy Spirit! Praise be to Jesus Christ!
Grateful Soul

[/quote]

I don't know about the OP, but I don't mean that you can't learn anything from someone who doesn't march to the drum of the Catholic Church. I did mean you have to keep your radar out for each writer's "slant". If someone practices a spirituality incompatible with Catholic thought, there is going to be a limit to how much you're going to get from their spiritual advice. That doesn't mean there can't be dialogue. It does mean the ideas and their hidden implications need very close scrutiny.

Thankyou Grateful soul for the info. I know it was posted long ago but I have just become aware of it after listening to a talk on the new age by Marino Restrepo on YouTube. Very interesting. Some have said to me “but it works” and I believe it may but at what price.

I have learned so much from Marino Restrepo that I highly recommend his videos on Youtube just like one of the people posted on here. Marino is a catholic missionary that covers so many topics on the the catholic faith and they all just seem to be on target. He has multiple videos on new age where I think homeopathic meds are also discussed. At first when I heard about homeopathic meds, I was in denial too and did not want to accept it. It seems innocent just like playing a game, but it does come at a price. I had used homeopathic meds for a long time but now I don’t even want to touch them. I am trying really hard to close all those doors to evil that I unfortunately opened in the past.

Homeopathy is quackery, pure and simple. I doubt if any self-respecting demon would have anything to do with it. Dr. Strephan Barrett has a websight debunking quackery in all its forms. Here are some threads re homeopathy:

homeowatch.org/

quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/homeo.html

homeowatch.org/articles/wagner.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.