Homosexual harassment

Stuff like this really annoys me.

A Norfolk County police officer has been fired after quoting the Bible regarding the immorality of homosexual sexual relations.

He sent the emails after being “bombarded” with emails sent by police department employees promoting the “gay” agenda, including messages urging him to wear a pink ribbon in honor of “gay history month.” He reportedly responded to one email from a homosexual liaison officer with the Christian saying, “Love the sinner, hate the deed.”

I’ll be sending a letter to the police department.
enquiries@norfolk.pnn.police.uk

secularheretic-st.blogspot.com/2008/12/homosexual-harassment.html

Which part of it actually annoyed you?

When they sacked him for claiming that homosexual acts are disordered.

If it was black history month, or disabled history, or heck even jewish or catholic history month and someone angrily replied with scripture that said black people/disabled/jews/christians were sinners, I’m pretty sure they’d be fired too.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean.

Being black or white or jewish or christian are not acts. Having a same sex attraction is not an act either. Having two men preform sexual acts upon each other are “acts.” They are homosexual acts and are a disordered form of our sexuality.

I see no evidence they were mailing out information about gay sex. It sounds like they were mailing out things covering information of gay people in history.

The ribbons, at least here in the states, just mean you support people not being brutalized, murdered and mistreated because of their lifestyle. When someone speaks out against that sort of thing, it indicates to us they are fine with the status quo of murder/joblessness/homelessness for non-straight people.

nytimes.com/2008/12/14/nyregion/14ecuadorean.html?_r=1

This is the sort of thing the day/month is about in the US. This man wasn’t even gay, but he was killed for being gay/hispanic because they simply perceived him to be so.

We don’t know everything that was included in the emails only that they supported the “gay agenda”.

Cogman then returned the emails quoting Biblical passages denouncing homosexual behavior, and another e-mail linking to a ministry in the USA that seeks to cure homosexuals of their condition.

Because he said these things he was sacked.

pathia;

nytimes.com/2008/12/14/nyregion/14ecuadorean.html?_r=1

This is the sort of thing the day/month is about in the US. This man wasn’t even gay, but he was killed for being gay/hispanic because they simply perceived him to be so.

suntimes.com/news/24-7/1331304,south-side-shooting-argument-121408.article

This guy was killed because of a disagreement.

The officer shouldn’t have been fired for this.

If he had abused his authority to actually harm gay people then fire and maybe even arrest or fine him.

But for this nope…

An how does this relate to the topic Neat?

Actually, to refute your earlier statement, being Christian IS a choice. A daily choice believers make, to follow the tenents of their faith. This does not make it ok to harass Christians.

pathia;

If it was black history month, or disabled history, or heck even jewish or catholic history month and someone angrily replied with scripture that said black people/disabled/jews/christians were sinners, I’m pretty sure they’d be fired too.

How do you know that he replied with anger? I didn’t read that in the story. Seemed like being fair to me.

“He was then accused of failing to show respect and tolerance to fellow officers and barred from using the internal message system.”

Where is it moral or a law that one must be respectful and/or tolerant?

“A few months later, he was further questioned after he put a biblical text on his computer screen, reading: ‘Jesus is the light of the world, only the enemy kills, steals and destroys.’”

What was that about respect and tolerance again?

“And in April, he was interviewed again about his beliefs after he circulated a link to an American Christian helpline on the internal communication system.”

No harrassment here.

**"But a spokesman for Norfolk Police said: ‘We welcome people of all beliefs and races into the workforce and fully respect everyone’s views.

'However, the force will not tolerate any form of homophobic behaviour.

'While we fully respect the officer has strong beliefs, it is only correct that he respects the beliefs and wishes of others.’"**

Did they respect his beliefs when they sent him emails telling him to wear ribbons in favor of gay history month, or did they just tell him to deal with it?

This is nonsense. And one sided.

cyberwolf001;

An how does this relate to the topic Neat?

I dunna know. I’m still trying to figure out how the story that Panthia put up is related. Two people killed for different reasons. One deserves more respect than the other?

Those are completely separate events. What are you talking about? They aren’t even in the same CITY one took place in Chicago, the other New York City.

It’s related because that’s what those days/months are about STOPPING things like that from happening, not gay sex or the gay agenda.

If you want to see something about gay sex, go complain about a pride parade.

pathia;4548672]

For posts 13 & 14

Those are completely separate events. What are you talking about? They aren’t even in the same CITY one took place in Chicago, the other New York City.

Still, two murdered people. Same end result, only different reasons.

It’s related because that’s what those days/months are about STOPPING things like that from happening, not gay sex or the gay agenda.

If you want to see something about gay sex, go complain about a pride parade.

So who is gunna stop all the other murders, or do they not matter? Murder is murder is murder.

And how is this month gunna stop people from killing gays? By forcing tolerance and acceptance of gays and their lifestyle on others. By demonizing the religious. By brainwashing children in schools, by firing cops who disagree, yet who do not murder gays, etc. IE: The gay agenda.

It is impossible to have a world without crazy people that kill people for irrational reasons, there will always be crazy people. It is more realistic to have a world where people do not kill because they hate a particular kind of person.

One is a variable that cannot be changed, the other change be changed with hard work.

As I have stated many times before, the only people that have ever fired/assaulted/mocked/spat/treated me horrible were ALL CHRISTIANS. That tells me that Christianity has a SERIOUS need to teach it’s people what Christ’s teachings really say.

I’ll eat my hat the day I’m assaulted by an atheist who hates gays!

Attacking you because you have a same sex attraction is not acceptable. Christians should know better.

Having a different opinion is not an attack. It is simply a different opinion. Claiming that homosexual acts are sinful is not an attack on you or any one else. It is speaking about objective behaviours not individual people.

When does it talk about homosexual sex. Again, there are plenty of us who are single, or choose not to partake of the sex, because honestly, I’m gay and I find it gross myself :stuck_out_tongue: I know quite a few others who think the same. There are celibate gays, there are closeted gays, there are gays that married in attempts to fix themselves. These days are about ALL, not just some. Not just the ones in the parades.

I can’t imagine the difficulties that people who have a same sex attraction must experience.

I am pleased that you have chosen to lead a celibate lifestyle.

The hardest difficulties are having everyone in your family shun/leave/never forgive you, ever. I can never go home to the house I once lived in. It is completely changed. I am a pariah. Do they hate me? Of course not, but they treat me like I’m some sort of alien. Something ‘other’ something not normal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.