Homosexuality causes division between men and women but heterosexuality unites us in love

Love between a husband and his wife teaches children to love those of the opposite sex. It teaches children to have an inclusive “us” view of the opposite sex instead of an “us vs them” “battle of the sexes” worldview. Homosexuals have all male “gay” bars, but heterosexuals believe that a man and woman should unite together in love.

When Jesus (God in the flesh) was asked about marriage, he took us back to the original and true meaning of marriage which is one man and one woman joined together by God’s blessing to become one flesh. And this love between husband and wife, this “one flesh” love, becomes so real that typically nine months later it’s given a name.

He [Jesus] answered, “Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, `For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.” - Matthew 19:4-6

As a father of a lesbian daughter and a gay son I think that left wing minded people are behind the push for gay marriage because it is destructive to society.

The left is aggressively pushing for so-called “same-sex marriage” and saying that traditional (true) marriage is unfair and bigoted for the same reason they are for contraception and abortion, because it will result in fewer babies will be born. The left carries Margaret Sanger’s Malthusian ideological legacy of eugenics. Adolf Hitler was another one who was obsessed with eugenics.

“Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” - Romans 1:24-27, The Holy Bible

Hi LWU,
We’re still waiting for better statistics on how children growing up with same-gender parents differ from children in traditional families. But as for gay bars, and the gay community in general, gays and lesbeans are often very social with each other- in my limited experience, of course. The reason for this is that the complete lack of sexual attraction on either side lets us let our guards down around each other. In the same way that, for straight people, male-male and female-female bonding takes place without any sexual tension, gays and lesbeans have male-female bonds that are based only on friendship. The lack of attraction to a group is not hate of it.

A society that rejects the wisdom of God has to learn the hard way. But it’s too bad the children are being made into guinea pigs just to satisfy the curiosity of those who want to abandon the nature made family structure of man, woman, and child. I already know from my own experience that growing up without a father put me at a major disadvantage. A thousand women can’t compensate for the lack of one good father, and a thousand men can’t compensate for the lack of one good mother. Even God, our perfect spiritual Father in Heaven, knew that we still needed a spiritual mother so he gave us the Blessed Virgin Mary as our perfect spiritual mother.

The children are not being made into guinea pigs. They are being given homes, so that they do not have to live in foster care all their lives. There is not any good evidence yet as to how planned two-father or two-mother families compare to traditional, single-mother, and single-father families. But there is very good evidence that all of these are better than foster care, where the kids would be otherwise. A guinea pig is a test subject that is put in an altered situation in order to see the results; these children are given homes as an alternative to foster care, and the statistics are being done as a result.

All of that is speculation based on your flawed assumption that children don’t need morality in their lives.

I think homosexuality should be shunned by all people -especially by those with SSA because of all the divisions it creates.

I think we should love the sinner but hate the sin as Jesus would do.

Okay, have it your way then… :shrug:

I think homosexuality should be hated by all people -especially those with SSA because of all the divisions it creates… That better…?:smiley:

It is not speculation, it is statistical reasoning.
Of course children need morality of some sort in their lives. Gays are just as likely to have moral codes as straights. But I assume you mean that gays do not follow Catholic morality, which is true. But plenty of children grow up in non-Catholic families, and they don’t turn out that bad.
Of course, the difference here is that the way in which gays are “immoral” in different ways than people of other moral codes. We do not know whether having two male or two female role models is better than only one, or one of each. That is why we do statistics.

This seems like as solid a refutation of the OP’s thesis as anyone could wish. Just thought I’d highlight it to prevent it from being lost in the digression about gay parenting.

In addition, I would like to add that the “battle of the sexes” appears to be a human universal, probably stemming from man’s chronic inability to deal with difference. How one is raised has very little to do with it.

What good is a sort of “morality” that changes direction like the wind?

That’s not the same as men and women becoming one flesh with each other in the perfect union of their complementary opposite sex organs and their DNA combining to bring the new life of a baby into the world, all in a natural way since the male and female bodies are designed for each other. Heterosexuals unite men and women together in a naturally radical way that homosexuals can never do.

The Loss That May Not Speak It’s Name

Children are not as able to adapt to “family diversity” as easily as gay activists claim.

Same-sex parenting has intrinsic flaws and deficits that exacerbate the risks intrinsic to adoption, artificial insemination, surrogate parenting, and foster care. Each child acquired by a same-sex couple is either fatherless or motherless because of adult decisions. To place a child into the legal care of a same-sex couple, or for such a couple to acquire a child via AID or surrogacy, unnecessarily endangers that child by forcing him to grow up in what is unarguably a sub-optimal environment.

All the “tolerance of diversity” in the world cannot change the facts on the ground.

You seem to be shifting your ground here. Originally, the thesis was:

That is, being raised by a mom and dad teaches a child how to relate to the opposite sex. Now you claim that it actually teaches the child to have heterosexual sex? (The question mark is because the claim seems pretty dubious, and I can’t help noticing that most gay people were raised by a mother and a father.)

Assume all this, and you still find that mankind is not united with womankind, only individual men uniting with individual women. If this is the only type of union that counts, then humanity is divided indeed.
Priests, nuns, and monks must be cut off from everyone, by this measure. But we do not act like they are divided from each other and everyone else. Sexual unions are not the only kind of union.

The link you posted had a few cases in which a child expressed mild frustration with their homosexual parents, one case in which a bisexual mother would not acknowledge her child’s heterosexuality (which of course was wrong of the mother), and a link to a study on children of parents who had homosexual relationships while they were growing up.
The study said some very specific things, for instance, that the data implied that “natural” children of mothers who later had homosexual relationships were more likely to try homosexual relationships themselves, or to be on welfare. It says nothing about children who were adopted into gay or lesbean families.
Of course, a family in which the mother divorces the father and enters a new relationship is probably going to be worse off than a stable family.
You say that a stable gay or lesbean couple is unarguably worse than a straight couple for raising kids. Until there are verifiable statistics that refute my claim, I WILL argue that the three kinds of families are equally good environments for raising children.

It’s very simple. The male body was made for the female body. And the female body was made for the male body. And the perfect union of male and female (one flesh) with a lifelong commitment and openness to children is what has always been known as “marriage”. The Catholic Church teaches us this because it’s the self-evident truth of how we are made.

The “but what about infertile heterosexuals?” is a non-issue since even if a heterosexual couple is non-fertile they are still made for each other.

Therefore, so-called “same-sex marriage” can never be like what heterosexuals have with real marriage since same-sex sex organs are not made to go together. An anus isn’t a sex organ and neither is a mouth. Anal or oral sex might be considered “four play”, but it’s not equal to the natural act of when the sex organ of a male is joined with the sex organ of a female to form one flesh. This isn’t any more unfair then the fact that birds are born with wings but we are are not.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.