Homosexuality-HELP

I have a friend I’m trying to help understand why homosexuality is a sin. If I could get a few Bible verses that would be AWESOME. I know there’s at least one but I don’t remember where it is.

I think you’ll find these articles helpful:

catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp

catholic.com/thisrock/1994/9407fea1sb1.asp

catholic.com/library/homosexuality.asp

catholic.com/library/homosexuality.asp

Thanks.

scripturecatholic.com/sexuality_qa.html#scripture-III

Anyone who is a Christian (Catholic and non-Catholic) should be well aware by now that homosexuality is a grave sin and this is spelled out in clear terms in Scripture.

**Lev 18:22 **
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination.

**Lev 20:13 **
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.

**Jude 7 **
Likewise, Sodom, Gomorrah, and the surrounding towns, which, in the same manner as they, indulged in sexual promiscuity and practiced unnatural vice, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

**Rom 1:27 **
and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.

1 Cor 6:9-10
Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

**1 Tim 1:8-11 **
We know that the law is good, provided that one uses it as law,
with the understanding that law is meant not for a righteous person but for the lawless and unruly, the godless and sinful, the unholy and profane, those who kill their fathers or mothers, murderers, the unchaste, practicing homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is opposed to sound teaching,
according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.