Homosexuals adopting children?

Homos should NEVER adopt children. @ all…:mad:

Okay I find a few things in your post troubling. First of all you cant speak for an entire religion, saying every right thinking Christian is against gay marriage is ludacris. As a catholic your view of marriage is different from ohters but marriage in modern times is no longer about the catholic view of it. Marriage is already being used for everything but love whether it be for money,citizenship,or just plain lust in some cases in Christian people. Now tell me by allowing gay marriage how will it make marriage anyless sacred. Marriage is what you make of it if you believe it to be an unbreakable bond between a man and a woman then good for you is any law in the world going to change your mind about it. Tell me how does gay marriage effect you in the slightest just give me a couple ways with which it will negatively affect you. If homosexuals are truely suffering from a disorder their marriage wont make them any happier if anything it will only make them more aware of their condition. Thats my take at anyright maybe I’m just not thinking right though.

I was watching a news item this morning regarding as to whether being brought up by a gay couple made you any different than being brought up by a hetero couple. All children need is a loving, caring, stable and firm home, and some hetero couples provide this, as do some gay couples. this organization has done reasearch all over the world, and have come to the scientifically backed up answer that being gay has about as much to do with parenting as your hair colour. BTW, I DO NOT want to marry my brother, and how in the heck of it does me being a Wiccan make me want to marry a tree. I find that comment very offensive. Essentially, we live in a Homophobic world, and why does that have to be? I mean, my government is secular and they still wont allow Gay marriages (or civil unions if thats better for you) to be legal! I mean, that is not as if it stops them, all of them fly to Canada and get married there any way. I admire their commitment.
Cya,
Wammy

Is “science” infallible and does science invent right and wrong? I can find all types of science that claim all types of actions are good or neutral when in fact they are very evil.

Love must be propely defined. It is more than an emotion.

BTW, I DO NOT want to marry my brother, and how in the heck of it does me being a Wiccan make me want to marry a tree. I find that comment very offensive. Essentially, we live in a Homophobic world, and why does that have to be?

Homophobia is a loaded, contrived, word used to silence those who accept moral truth is absolute. There is no unjust discrimination in declaring childen have a right not to be raised by same sex persons as if they were authentic husband and wife.

I mean, my government is secular and they still wont allow Gay marriages (or civil unions if thats better for you) to be legal! I mean, that is not as if it stops them, all of them fly to Canada and get married there any way. I admire their commitment.

Moral truth is not only a matter of certain religions it is a matter of reality. That secular governments often get it wrong does not mean we should have bad laws.

Personally, I find Whammy’s attitude to be the same attitude that makes people kill babies. This is just like abortion IMHO… The mother has rights…phooey!!! She gave up any right to her own body when she had intercourse. The main concern has to be with the best interests of the innocent party. Everybody forgets about the children. What about the rights of the child? Did that child ask to be born? Shouldn’t we be more concerned with getting each and every child the best enviornment to grow up in? That would be in a functional family with a mother and a father to be role models of what it means to be a man or a woman. Before I remarried I worried constantly about my sons and daughter not having a good christian male role model in their lives. So much that I switched schools to the Catholic school which had a very much higher male teacher ratio than the public schools. If you want “alternative” families or “alternative” lifestyles, try having a dad that stays at home with the kids or a mom who is a corporate executive type…don’t go looking for a disordered relationship and expect children to come out unscathed from being raised in it!

If people lived by God’s plans rather than their own we wouldn’t have this problem at all. I know when I try to live bt my plan rather than the Fathers…well things just aren’t as good…

godfrey: Notice I said right thinking Christians, and I stand by that. You can always find people who claim to be Christian yet live sinful disordered lives. They then deny the truth and spout all kinds of evil claiming normalcy. Those folks are not right thinking.

Gay marriage is a sinful mockery of a holy union. It will cause additional decay in the sanctity of marriage in this country, and will make it much more difficult for future generations to teach their children the correct view.

Wammy101: And I don’t suppose this scientific organization you sited has any sort of agenda or bias? No, of course not. Nobody would use science in an unballanced manner.:rolleyes:
And of course this is not the point to begin with. Gay marriage and adoption are wrong because it goes against Gods natural laws. Promoting an evil practice just because you cant find any short term negative consequences is still wrong. By the way, have they done any long term (like when they’re 30) research to find whether children adopted by gays have a greater chance of turning out gay themselves? Nope…but I think the results would be pretty obvious, and that’s another negative affect.

“homosexuals adopting children?!”

How passive we have become as God’s people if any of us think it is ok. I am not be any means against the gay and lesbians, but they are ripping down the basic the basic functions of family. Stuffing down our throats what they think we should all be completely open and understanding about. As practicing Roman Catholics we CANNOT give in. Its like that saying “if you dont stand for something you will fall for anything.” The homosexual population is slowly penetrating to the family in the deepest way possible. Getting to the delicate minds of children of our future generations. We should be terrified with what so many in our society are fighting for. When those against this are simply trying to preserve the sanctity of marriage. It cannot be done if homosexuals too can create a family by adopting or any other means. Its mockery.

I think we are really asking for huge punishment from God if this comes to pass one day.

Peace be with you all,

Regis University Student

Because a 50% divorce rate will teach them the correct views, right? And you have no proof whatsoever that gay marriage will have any type of negative effect. You dont like it, so you make yourself belive that it is evil.

No, it will not. Why increase the confusion by allowing such a false union.

And you have no proof whatsoever that gay marriage will have any type of negative effect. You dont like it, so you make yourself belive that it is evil.

Right reason, moral truth, and informed conscience all point to the truth such relationships harm children and deprive them of their rights.

Why on earth would we subject children to being the ginnie pigs of growing up in such a corrupt union?

No one is making themselves believe it is evil. We depend on God’s word for moral guidance. To go against our Lord is what is evil and to think whatever our little minds deem to be right when we know in our hearts it is not.

Peace,

Regis University Student

Well, you’re a fine one to preach about rights.

Where are the children’s rights ??? You know…a ma and a pa ??

Not yet…as far as the majority is concerned.

The experiment’s just got started.

Wait for a couple decades for the data.

Would you like to be accountable for the negative effect when that day comes?

Certainly, it isn’t the ideal situation. But neither is a single parent household, or a foster home. I wonder (don’t have enough information to know for certain) if there might not be situations where a homosexual couple raising a child would be the lesser of two evils (depending on the people in question). If the only other option for a child was an institution, for instance, would that be better?

The end does not justify the means.

Single parent and foster home is a normal occurrence.

A child raised by same sex is not normal. What do you suppose a child learns from this abnormal setting?

I have seen this question posed and I have not seen any document from Rome replying to it or any orthodox theologian explain it.

I would guess if there were a nuclear attack and most humans were gone then perhaps such a strange thing would allow for it.

My question is why are these contrived, abnormal relationships, seen as ever reasonable to inflict on a child. Where does it end? What orther sorts of relationships are acceptable and why?

To be open minded and judge the person for who s/he is and not there sexual orientation, for one.

It is not a so called orientation that presents the moral problem. It is the acting out on it and contriving a relationship that tries to be like a marriage. That pretense and bending of the natural moral law is wrong and is a grave disserivce to innocent children.

Such actions ought to be judged. They ought to be judged as wrong and that is consistent with right reason and moral truth.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “normal”. Do you mean that because it occurs frequently, it’s therefore less damaging to the child? Children raised in a single parent household are deprived of either a father or a mother - foster children are deprived of both, they have no stable, permanent family at all. A single parent household usually exists because of fornication or divorce - both sins. So basically, are you saying there are “normal sins” which are less damaging than “abnormal sins”?

As far as “the end does not justify the means”, I’m not talking about deliberately creating homosexual couples for the purpose of providing homes to orphaned children, I’m talking about the choice between placing the child in the home of such a couple vs. an institution.
The difference is doing evil to bring about good (ends do not justify means) and bringing good out of an evil that exists anyway.
An analogy would be the difference between murdering someone to harvest their organs, and transplanting organs from a murder victim.
Or the difference between raping a woman in order to have a child vs. adopting a child concieved through rape.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “normal”. Do you mean that because it occurs frequently, it’s therefore less damaging to the child? Children raised in a single parent household are deprived of either a father or a mother - foster children are deprived of both, they have no stable, permanent family at all. A single parent household usually exists because of fornication or divorce - both sins. So basically, are you saying there are “normal sins” which are less damaging than “abnormal sins”?

As far as “the end does not justify the means”, I’m not talking about deliberately creating homosexual couples for the purpose of providing homes to orphaned children, I’m talking about the choice between placing the child in the home of such a couple vs. an institution.
The difference is doing evil to bring about good (ends do not justify means) and bringing good out of an evil that exists anyway.
An analogy would be the difference between murdering someone to harvest their organs, and transplanting organs from a murder victim.
Or the difference between raping a woman in order to have a child vs. adopting a child concieved through rape.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.