Homosexuals In Military Three Times More Likely to Sexually Assault Than Straights: Survey

Homosexuals In Military Three Times More Likely to Sexually Assault Than Straights: Survey

TODAY’S HEADLINES | SEND NEWS TIPS | DONATE
SHARE: E-MAIL PRINT

By Kathleen Gilbert

WASHINGTON, D.C., May 26, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - An analysis of publicly available documents indicates that homosexuals in the military are three times more likely to commit sexual assaults than heterosexuals, relative to their numbers, announced the Family Research Council Wednesday.

The release comes on the heels of news that Democrat U.S. senators on the Armed Services Committee seek to attach a repeal of the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” rule banning open homosexuals from the military to an essential defense spending bill. Although Pentagon officials had begun a year-long review of the possible repercussions of repealing the ban, homosexual activists hope to squeeze the controversial overturn through before November elections - when several Democrats are expected to lose their seats - before the results of the Pentagon study are in.

The FRC analysis released Wednesday demonstrates one of the main causes of alarm for supporters of the ban: a review of the “case synopses” of all 1,643 reports of sexual assault reported by the four branches of the military for Fiscal Year 2009 (October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2009) found that over eight percent (8.2%) of all military sexual assault cases were homosexual in nature. Yet homosexual activist groups themselves have stated that less than three percent of Americans (2.8% of men and 1.4% of women) are homosexual or bisexual.

The analysis, conducted by Senior Fellow for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg, was based on the Pentagon’s own annual report on sexual assault in the military for Fiscal Year 2009, and on published decisions from military courts of appeals over the last decade and a half.

“Taken together, these figures suggest that homosexuals in the military are about three times more likely to commit sexual assaults than heterosexuals are,” noted Sprigg. “Concerns about privacy when homosexuals share facilities like showers and sleeping quarters with heterosexuals are well grounded,” he added.

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/may/10052613.html

Don’t kill the messenger,please.

The problem with this study is it assumes that all homosexual sexual assault is commited by people who identify as homosexuals, which is simply not true. A lot of male on male sexual assault is commited by men who self identify as heterosexual. Sexual assault is not about sex in and of itself, but rather about power.

Oh please.

That is an outrageous statement that requires outrageous proof.Let’s have some.Now,please.

malesurvivor.org/myths.html Educate yourself. Sexual assault is about power and control, one of the main reasons it is so prevalent in prisons.

eurowrc.org/06.contributions/1.contrib_en/07.contrib.en.htm

Homosexual Leftist apologetics and OPINION.Not fact ergo unacceptable.Ever hear of hebephelia?

If you want to simply dismiss my sources without explanation you are free to do so, but it makes me think that no matter what I find you will ignore. How about some proof of your own? I mean, you are apparently going to revolutionize our current understanding of sexual assault perpetrators, so I assume you have some evidence for your claims.

Clinical studies not some pseudo-scientific apologetics blog.

Simple-READ THE ARTICLE.

Just about what I was going to say.

You'd better write to the Military quickly before they come to a horrible conclusion and present your OWN report.Fair enough?

Hi Lynx:)

I read the article. It makes multiple errors. First off it is probably underestimating the amount of male on male sexual assault that happens in the military due to the fact that men are less likely to report sexual assault then women. Secondly it assumes that all of the male on male sexual assault is done by people who self identify as homosexuals and then divides that by the percent of Americans who self identify as homosexuals to say that they are three times more likely to commit sexual assault. This is a logical fallacy.
I am not trying to say that Homosexuals never are responsible for male on male sexual assault. But homosexuals are also involved in male on female sexual assault and heterosexuals are responsible for a lot of male on male sexual assault. The end of the line is that sexual assault is about power and control, not about sexual attraction or gratification.

LOL

You start this thread based upon a Family Research Council “study” and then decry “pseudo-scientific apologetics?” That is rather ironic.

**Come on, lets be realistic here!

You wrote “heterosexuals are responsible for a lot of male on male sexual assault.”

No one who is honest believes that!

Proposing that heterosexual males often assault other males sexually is just not true!

The issue here is not individual “rights?”, it is the ability of the Military to conduct it’s mission, which is to protect & defend us from our enemies who want to kill us all, men, women & children.

This is about morale & discipline in the military, & is not a civil rights issue.

As a former active duty US Army Field Artillery Battery Commander, I can assure you that when you are dealing with life & death, there is no room for unnecessary distractions or detriments to unit cohesion. If your combat unit is not functioning to it’s maximum potential, many soldiers & innocent civilians will die unnecessarily!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

I think comparisons of prison rape should not count as they are such an anomally from military sdituations which are markedly different in makeup of personnel,circumstance and that prisoners don’t VOLUNTEER for prison.
.From what I have read,rape in American prisons is fairly common but in Canadian prisons is exceedingly rare,almost unheard of.Why the difference and if the affect is cultural or regional it should not come to bear.

[quote="Soutane, post:1, topic:199829"]

TODAY'S HEADLINES | SEND NEWS TIPS | DONATE
SHARE: E-MAIL PRINT

By Kathleen Gilbert

WASHINGTON, D.C., May 26, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - An analysis of publicly available documents indicates that homosexuals in the military are three times more likely to commit sexual assaults than heterosexuals, relative to their numbers, announced the Family Research Council Wednesday.

The release comes on the heels of news that Democrat U.S. senators on the Armed Services Committee seek to attach a repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" rule banning open homosexuals from the military to an essential defense spending bill. Although Pentagon officials had begun a year-long review of the possible repercussions of repealing the ban, homosexual activists hope to squeeze the controversial overturn through before November elections - when several Democrats are expected to lose their seats - before the results of the Pentagon study are in.

The FRC analysis released Wednesday demonstrates one of the main causes of alarm for supporters of the ban: a review of the "case synopses" of all 1,643 reports of sexual assault reported by the four branches of the military for Fiscal Year 2009 (October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2009) found that over eight percent (8.2%) of all military sexual assault cases were homosexual in nature. Yet homosexual activist groups themselves have stated that less than three percent of Americans (2.8% of men and 1.4% of women) are homosexual or bisexual.

The analysis, conducted by Senior Fellow for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg, was based on the Pentagon's own annual report on sexual assault in the military for Fiscal Year 2009, and on published decisions from military courts of appeals over the last decade and a half.

"Taken together, these figures suggest that homosexuals in the military are about three times more likely to commit sexual assaults than heterosexuals are," noted Sprigg. "Concerns about privacy when homosexuals share facilities like showers and sleeping quarters with heterosexuals are well grounded," he added.

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/may/10052613.html

Don't kill the messenger,please.

[/quote]

if 4% of the victims are gay and they were involved in about 9% of the assaults then that is a ratio of about 2.25x the expected ratio of 1 to 1.

Doing the math the remaining females in the military are about 15% of the total force and yet are victims in more than 91% of the cases or 6x times expectation.

So if you are a female in the service you are likely to be sexually assaulted at a rate that exceeds the rate for gay assaults by more than double.(six times the population % vs. two and one quarter % times the population).

Women shouldn't serve in the service because they are likely to be assaulted more than gays.

Peace

aest.org.uk/survivors/male/myths_about_male_rape.htm

It’s totally about power and humiliation. If any straight guy is honest, what are you more afraid of. Being killed or being pinned downed and sodomized? Yeah, I thought so, and there are a lot of people out there…most of them straight, who are more than willing to do that. When it comes to rape, a penis is no longer a sex organ, it’s a weapon.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.