Hook Up Truck Hits The Street Offering Haven For Casual, Safe Sex

Saw this on Drudge…

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/hook-up-truck-hits-the-street-offering-haven-for-casual-safe-sex/

The Hook-Up truck – a conceptual “art” installation consisting of a box truck converted to a sex suite on wheels, including temperature controls, birth control, safe sex accouterments, and a camera option, in case you and yours decide to make the escapade a YouTube sensation, is finally open for service the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd.
The “Hook-Up Truck” is the brainchild of artist Spy Emerson. According to their website, the box truck is a car service, like a mobile hotel room, available for short-term rentals.
“This is a game for adults who want to play with sex,” says Emerson. “You have to be nice, and cool,” she said, adding “No Drunks!, but everyone is welcome to join us. There will be a party going on all the time!”Saturday, from 6-9 p.m., it will be in Oakland’s Uptown neighborhood for the Art Murmur, before heading to San Francisco’s Mission District where Emerson will be on the air with Radio Valencia at 10 p.m.

Someone’s idea of a new business adventure. :eek:

Probably not YouTube. Get with it. There are more graphic video sharing sites. Try to ba a well informed catholic.

I am inclined to take the artist at her word: this is simply an art installation. It is designed to shock and amuse, and generally attract attention.

The “no-tell motel” is a staple of any large city. There seems little reason to put in on wheels, especially since it is just a single room. Plus, it is likely to be less convenient and will sacrifice privacy, since the arrival of the truck would announce to the world what is happening.

Did you see the photo of how ugly the truck is? This is not a serious endeavor.

I wonder if the people of our culture ever get sick of worshipping sex. Really. :mad:

Bring your own disinfectant. Yuk. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I was thinking. Hook-up truck aka Disease-mobile. The motto could be "You’ll remember this moment for the rest of your life (especially if the penicillin doesn’t work) :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow. This is incredibly disgusting! :(:mad:

Just an extension, oops, **perversion, **of the old nature worship.

But at least then, it was fertility that was worshiped, here, it is just the “pleasure.”

ICXC NIKA

Before the penicillin, the saying was, “One night of Venus, a lifetime of Mercury.”

ICXC NIKA

How romantic! :confused:

The basic idea doesn’t seem to be new. For about 80 years, mobile brothels were used by the French military, with up to 10 women working in a travel trailer. In Germany, mobile brothels are still used. They are private businesses, sometimes operating out of an RV which is suitably equipped.

What I don’t understand is who on Earth they think their target audience is. Even when I was A-OK with premarital sex (before I was Catholic), I would NEVER have had sex in a public, portable van, especially not one equipped with cameras :rolleyes:.

Even if they could guarantee the cleanliness of the van, which I can’t imagine they could, that would be like the least enticing situation ever. I can understand spur-of-the-moment impulsive sex, but this would seem to involve two people planning ahead to have sex in a random van. Even putting aside the immorality of the situation, this seems like one of the worst business ventures I’ve ever heard of.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.