Hope for all: let us encourage one another!

2 Corinthians - Chapter 13 verse 11: try to grow perfect; encourage one another; have a common mind and live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.

All of us fall, and our Loving God is willing to forgive us. Let's encourage one another to persevere no matter how heavy our shame and our guilt. Going to Confession, spending time in Adoration and attending Mass, even if you are not receiving Holy Communion are beneficial for our souls.

I have violated God's moral laws in the most horrible ways and yet, I have Hope in Him who forgives. I have committed many sins of impurity and killed two of my children in the womb. I am feeling sorrow for my sins but I can also feel His Love in my life and so can you. There is hope, joy and life in Him who creates, Him who died for us, Him who is with us. Yes our sins of immorality are grave sins and we shouldn't take our actions lightly but we should also remind ourselves of the Love of God. As prodigal sons and daughters, we can always come home to Him.

Feel free to share your thoughts, fears, doubts and words of encouragements. Love&Prayers for all.

Beautiful thoughts. The mercy of God is infinite - unending. Our sins are like a drop of water, swallowed up by the ocean of His merciful love. Confession, Eucharist, Rosary, Adoration, the Word of God, teachings of the Magisterium and of the Saints, sincere Penance – with these we cannot fail. Moses was a murderer, and St. Peter betrayed Christ.

Jesus says to Nicodemus, "God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him" (John 3:17). Jesus says to Zacchaeus, "The Son of Man came to seek out and to save the lost (Luke 19:10). Jesus says to the Pharisees, "I have come to call not the righteous but sinners" (Matthew 9:13).

God's mercy is without bounds. Just as I a poor and miserable sinner seek God's mercy, I ask him to pour out his mercy on you. I believe it shall be done.

Nice thread BTW…I have been walking with Christ for almost 40 years along the way you learn a few thing…If I can’t say something positive, edifying or encouraging, I hold my tongue…I have enough to work on in my own life to be the fragrance of Christ to believer and unbeliever alike…Over the years, letting the Holy Spirit work through the word I hide in my heart, I’m starting to smell better…Cool thing about His kingdom is the more flesh that dies the better we smell…It’s time we stop biting and devouring each other over who’s in the “right” church and focus on sharing His redeeming plan to a lost and sin sick world…I’m of Peter, I’m of Paul…Just like in the early days…We’re always to be ready in season and out the hope that lies with in each of us…Times running out…Every day past is one closer to His return…Funny thing, the only ones who approach me about Christ are bible church people and JW’s…Lets all get out there the highways and byways that are around us all…We all carry the gospel message…Christ changed us…peace to you beloved of the Lord…

Thank you for the inspirational posts. I used to be an atheist and I never thought that one day I would go back to the God of my Baptism. Then when I started to return to Him, I was thinking that my sins were too big to be forgiven. I was not worthy to be part of the Church and even of the human race. Our sins can hurt us in ways that we can’t imagine when we are committing them. At that time, I was hurt and misinformed, and I’m sure that some people are in the same situation.

I’m praying for you my brothers and sisters and remember that there is no sin greater than God’s love.

[quote="beafedor, post:5, topic:177066"]

I'm praying for you my brothers and sisters and remember that there is no sin greater than God's love.

[/quote]

God has His ways of collecting sheep..I have a neighbor who had believing parents and he rebelled and did a lot of bad stuff...He feels he is beyond forgiveness..He is a nice and gentle man far fro the Lord, but not out of His reach..Man if you have a praying grandmother you don't have a chance..;)

I must say, I have only been an active member of this forum for a few months, but this is the best thread I've participated in so far. I just read Romans Chapter 8. In general, Romans is my favorite book and I've probably read it a million times. Ok, maybe a little less than that, LOL! I'm tempted to post the entire chapter but I worry it might annoy ya'll.

" Hence, now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has freed you from the law of sin and death." verse 1 & 2

"What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but handed him over for us all, how will he not also give us everything else along with him? Who will bring a charge against God's chosen ones? It is God who acquits us. Who will condemn? It is Christ (Jesus) who died, rather, was raised, who also is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us. What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword? As it is written: "For your sake we are being slain all the day; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, 9 nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, 10 nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:8-10

Great stuff.

Hey I have been reading an applying it to my life since my conversion in 73…Thank God the Holy Spirit uses it ti change me…If I’m annoyed by something…I best change my attitude…:wink:

Thank you so much for posting this! Please post more verses, how could Paul’s words be annoying? These verses are so powerful, they can make you feel stronger when you’re feeling weak or when you doubt. Thanks to you, I want to commit myself to read Romans Chapter 8 every day. Or maybe the entire book if my kids allow me! Blessings, beafedor

Thank you for comments. Romans is so very powerful. Additionally, I have always taken so much strength from the Apostle Paul. I take great confidence from knowing that if God would choose him a former persecutor of Christ to spread the Gospel, then I a poor sinner have a pretty good chance at salvation. I have often contemplated the many sufferings which Paul endured in preaching the Gospel. Form them, he took additional strength and courage. Amazing!! I have had the privelge of evangelizing a few people in my life. When they ask me where to begin, I always point them to Romans. If we understand nothing else in scripture, we should endevor to understand Romans.

Thankyou to all of you. Encouragement is what we all need at this dark time of year at these latitudes.

I can imagine his Damascus road experience forever kept Christ forefront on His mind...He grasp the concept of death to life...Reality of his own journey..Think of him meeting the very persons he condemned to death...He understood himself as the chief of sinners and saw the miraculous transformation through Christ....He knew his name was written in the book of life..Oh the hope we have that nothing can separate us from that Love...And He will complete the work He started in us..The word is truth and life for us...What else does the Holy Spirit use to change us into His likeness...Grace and peace to you my fellow believers..

Some years ago I unwittingly set myself on the course of impurity. Around that time I also began to see my faith through new, appreciative eyes. As the sin took deeper root in me so did the Church, and their battle has brought me to many dark valleys. But little by little, with each victory I grow stronger, and today I am in a much better position than I was. The war is far from over, maybe it will never truly end, but I know that if I can hold on to God's hand He'll help me out of this mess.

You are all my brothers and sisters, and I love you all deeply. Encouragement is just what I need right now. I can say from experience that if you are in a dark place now that God still loves you more than anyone could ever imagine, and He wants nothing more than to be united with you.

Pax!

[quote="Equites_Christi, post:13, topic:177066"]
Some years ago I unwittingly set myself on the course of impurity. Pax!

[/quote]

Haven't we all in one way or another.. ;)

Amen to that

Thank you for this thread.

I am reading a book about the angels, and the author talks about how the angels made an irrevocable choice during Lucifer’s rebellion, and each angel permanently “settled” into his choice: good angels in holiness and bad angels in wickedness. That made me think of how merciful God is with us humans. Even if we sin terribly, we are not stuck with the choice we have made to disobey God. He graciously invites us back into His family again and again. As many times as we fall, He is generous in forgiving us. :slight_smile:

[quote="JaredR, post:16, topic:177066"]
Thank you for this thread.

I am reading a book about the angels, and the author talks about how the angels made an irrevocable choice during Lucifer's rebellion, and each angel permanently "settled" into his choice: good angels in holiness and bad angels in wickedness. That made me think of how merciful God is with us humans. Even if we sin terribly, we are not stuck with the choice we have made to disobey God. He graciously invites us back into His family again and again. As many times as we fall, He is generous in forgiving us. :)

[/quote]

New mercies each morning..I really appreciate the respect we show each other...I see each day how our maturity in Christ or lack of it can show through in our postings....Our maturity does not come from attending the "right" church but from how we allow the Holy Spirit to change us into His image through His word we hide in our hearts...Peace to you beloved of Christ..I know we are exposed to Christ in different ways, but if it doesn't change us what benefit is there...

Sorry I haven’t been on this thread in a while, I’m dizzy on the computer and the Lord blessed me with two precious and demanding kids : )

I wanted to share one of my favorite verses from the Gospel of John 8:10-11. It’s the story of the woman caught in adultery. It is usually remembered for the part about casting stones, but it is the following that is speaking to my heart. Jesus said to the woman:
“Neither do I condemn you. Go, (and) from now on do not sin any more.”

These words bring tears to my eyes every time I read them. I wish I could share them with all my brothers and sisters who are struggling with their faith. Some become angry and bitter because they don’t agree with such Church teaching which causes them to sin. And then they are feeling judged and isolated from the Church and from God.

My brothers and sisters, there is still time, there is still hope. Come back to Him in the Sacrament of Penance. Jesus is waiting for you, He is waiting for all of us. That’s why He gave us free will. We are free to chose to repent and sin no more and by His grace, our relationship to God will be restored. Praying for all.

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.