Hopeless and depressed

i am feeling so hopeless and depressed, i cried and cried tonight, i could not stop. people are all against me and so cruel to me. i just need a little kindness to give me hope. what is the point, it doesn’t feel like Jesus cares about me, please show me you love me Jesus, I am sorry to be such a downer, I don’t know where else to turn.

My heart goes out to you, Ruby! Praying…

Hi, I feel the same as You do, it is a horrible feeling to think that no one cares, & a lot of times its true, . There are some kind souls out there tho,anyway , try not to despair,Sinking that far down can not help things at all,Tho I am not a perfect person, I am trying to Hold on to The Lord Jesus, I pray a lot & pour my heart out to him, as if he didnt already know what my plight is. I wish You well, try to keep busy think of positive things if U can, I know, sometimes it hard to see anything positive, Dont think your alone, there are a lot of souls like ourselves out there, try to befriend another poor soul if U know any sometimes that will take your mind off your own sorrow. I wish You Well! God`s Blessing upon You! Hope You pick Up soon!!!

With all due respect and kindness, you should really seek a psychiatrist. I don’t know you, but I highly doubt that everyone is against you. Medical attention could be really beneficial. I hope you feel better.

Ruby-
People come and go in your life, and the people that are rude to you, do not deserve you in their life! You need to keep your head up high, you will meet new friends you will find a man to love you forever. Right now you have Jesus and many friends on here that are here for you. Keep yourself busy, go out and have some fun… You should pray and read the bible, keept Jesus close to your heart, and everything should get better soon!!

Our Lord prayed these psalms … and He endures these things with you. Stay hopeful. Your many sorrows are redemptive – for yourself and many others unknown to you.

from Psalm 6

I have suffered and wept, every night have I washed my bed and drenched my blanket with my tears. My eyes are filled with grief, I have grown feeble in the midst of my enemies. Leave me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping. The Lord has heard my appeal, the Lord has accepted my prayer. May my enemies be put to shame and come to ruin. May they be turned away and be swiftly put to shame.

from Psalm 37

And those who were near me stood afar: They laid snares, those who sought my soul.
And they that sought evil for me said wicked things, all day long they planned deceitful things. But I, as a deaf man, heard not: and as a dumb man not opening his mouth.
And I became like one that heareth not: and that hath no reproofs in his mouth. For in Thee, O Lord, have I hoped: Thou wilt hear me, O Lord my God. For I said, “May my enemies never rejoice over me: when my feet stumble, they speak great things against me.” For I am ready for the whip: and my sorrow is continually before me. For I will declare my inequity: and I will be sorry for my sin. But my enemies live, and are stronger than I, and they that hate me wrongfully multiply.
They that render evil for good, have humiliated me, because I followed goodness. Forsake me not, O Lord, my God, depart not from me. Hasten unto my help, O Lord, God of my salvation.

If you think God is abandoning you or that he may reject you the way this oft-cruel world is prone to do, remember that when the God of the universe chose to spend time here on earth, the powers that be-humans-chose to torture, spit on, humiliate, and kill Him-the ultimate rejection-and He actually came here to allow that to happen. The world-and even that part of* us* that’s part of, and seems to only desire acceptance from, the world-seeks to do the same to the God-created, God-loved part of us that’s “not of this world”. God is on our side. We need to be as well. And as often as not this means relegating the world and its values to a spot well below the value we place on the “things of God”, which includes yourself. It’s not easy-I’m still working on it, and it took me a long time to begin to really see into the nature of the way things are. God really loves us. Why shouldn’t we do the same- in spite of what the world may say?-we don’t even have the right to do otherwise.

Even though you may feel down and out…one thing helps me is to get out and do good things for others. You could help in a soup kitchen, help at a hospice, join a non-profit organization and help fundraise. These things will truly distract you from constantly sitting and thinking about the problems. At the same time, you will meet others, show compassion for others’ needs, and you’ll feel good about yourself; all the while, putting a smile on God’s face. Do it for Him. Then, in the evening for about an hour or so, pray for God to shed light on how to solve your issues, one by one. Chose one problem at a time and pray the Rosary and to Jesus. Also, the Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus helps, too!!!

I’ll be praying for ya!!! Put a little smile on. Know that people are pulling for you with prayers!!!

Also, I once heard this great saying: prayers are our way of communicating with God. God talks back to us through the Bible. Read the Bible too. For every problem, there is an answer how do deal with it in the Good Book. The closer you get to Him, eventually, He may talk to you through your soul.

Ruby, I have felt pretty awful at times myself. I used to feel extremely lonely, but I have prayed to God for help, and he has helped me. I truly believe that if we ask God for help in overcoming something that is bad, such as a particular sin, then he will always answer our questions–we just have to persevere. “Ask and it shall be given to you.” Persevere, Ruby!

Also, remember that Jesus Himself was the “Man of Sorrows” and “Acquainted with Grief.” When you really feel terrible, listen to “He was Despised” from Handel’s Messiah–it has helped me, and I hope that it will help you. I will pray for you, I promise.

God Bless you, Ruby!

Ruby,

Please know that Jesus loves you, despite this pain of isolation that you feel.
You have a guardian angel who shares your pain and sees everything that happens to you.
Our guardian angels are our best friends. If you offer your suffering up to Jesus as a means of purification, I know you will reap great rewards.

Some people just don’t know what to do with suffering, and oftentimes think they are being punished with it. But I know, for instance, in my case, that God wants me to be stronger in spirit. In obedience to Him. To grow in wisdom and discipline.

I have felt hopelessness, and I have been depressed a long time myself.

But there is also another aspect of such terrible isolation. And that is the reality of spiritual warfare. We have angels that are rooting for us, but we also have unclean spirits that want our downfalls. You may be under siege by evil spirits and not know it.

Some people never do catch on to this.

Please pray to St. Michael. Attending Mass, whether you are Catholic or not, also does tremendous good in healing a person of physical and mental ailments.

I suggest you also obtain some holy water at a church, and make the sign of the cross with the water as often as you feel you need to.

The sacraments are our keys to heaven. Don’t forget that.

God bless

Christ’s peace be to you.
Don’t give up hope.
He still does and always will care for you.
Trust in Him.

I can understand your pain. This isn’t a great place to live. Find someone who will listen and give you support. Like a psychiatrist. There is no shame in that. I’ve been seeing one for years. Actually, mine might be a pshycologist. Whatever. I’m on several medications as well. Having someone who actually listens and being able to treat the problem is a huge relief.

We all respect you.

You have to do what you can to help yourself. If you are suicidal, seek help immediately. Suicide is not the answer. Don’t punish yourself.

It’s been a long time, but I felt that way as a teenager. Life speeds up and just the commotion can make you feel like you are being left behind.

You cannot ignore the things that cause pain in your life, but start controlling your feelings, which you are in charge of. Look for the positive things in your life – there are many, and a lot of them are free.

If you feel bad seven days a week, set a goal of feeling good at least one day a week, whatever it takes. Give yourself the time. Give yourself the space.

Take a personal inventory and make sure that sin is not a part of your life. Make a decision to avoid sin as much as possible. You should feel good about being good.

Maintain good personal hygiene at all times. Respect yourself and show others that you respect yourself. Be concerned about your own safety and keep your home clean and organized.

Be in charge of your feelings, instead of giving others charge over your feelings.

Everything in your life is different because you believe in Jesus. Make sure that Jesus is a part of every corner of your life.

The sign on the local church said, “We’re too blessed to be depressed.” It’s true.

:hug1: I’m so sorry. Jesus does care about You and He loves you so much. He also knows what it’s like to feel rejected and lonely. My heart goes out to you… prayers

mcpriests.com/03_I_thirst_PrayerEN.htm

don’t be afraid to talk to Jesus and tell Him how you feel…He told St Faustina, “tell Me all, My child, hide nothing from Me, because My loving Heart, the Heart of your best Friend, is listening to you.” He is listening

God Bless you, Ruby! I’m praying for you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.