Hoping for a New Beginning on Feb. 20?

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Yesterday I posted about “Another new beginning” because God willing, on Feb. 20, I’m hoping to begin threads on CAF following the 33 Day Preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary.

It is “Another” new beginning for me because each time I’ve prayed my Act of Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary it has been for me truly “Another NEW beginning” :slight_smile: It is never the same, for God’s graces are new every morning and He continues to give good gifts to His children. (cf Mt 7: 7-11).

As a way to help anyone who has not made this journey or even attempted to find out more about it, I began yesterday to post some excerpts from the little book which explains it: St. Louis De Montfort’s treatise on “True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin”. Today, I continue with an excerpt from the Introduction to St. Luis de Montfort’s book on “True Devotion”:

1. I declare with the saints: Mary is the earthly paradise of Jesus Christ the new Adam, where he became man by the power of the Holy Spirit, in order to accomplish in her wonders beyond our understanding. She is the vast and divine world of God where unutterable marvels and beauties are to be found. She is the magnificence of the Almighty where he hid his only Son, as in his own bosom, and with him everything that is most excellent and precious. What great and hidden things the all-powerful God has done for this wonderful creature, as she herself had to confess in spite of her great humility, “The Almighty has done great things for me.” The world does not know these things because it is incapable and unworthy of knowing them.

2. The saints have said wonderful things of Mary, the holy City of God, and, as they themselves admit, they were never more eloquent and more pleased than when they spoke of her. And yet they maintain that the height of her merits rising up to the throne of the Godhead cannot be perceived; the breadth of her love which is wider than the earth cannot be measured; the greatness of the power which she wields over one who is God cannot be conceived; and the depths of her profound humility and all her virtues and graces cannot be sounded. What incomprehensible height! What indescribable breadth! What immeasurable greatness! What an impenetrable abyss!

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful. Kindle in us the Fire of Your Love!

2 Likes

Dear Greenfields,

Thanks again for your “heart” which lets us know your love for Jesus through Mary. Actually I plan to give an “overview of the journey” of 12 preliminary days and then the 3 weeks before we begin Day 1 on Feb. 21. Someone asked about counting the dates so that the Axt of Consecration is actually prayed on the 34 th Day and that is correct Day 1 is Feb. 21 and the Consecration Prayer is offered on Mar. 25 the Feast of the Annunciation.

Hopefully many will join us on this special journey for the Glory of God through Mary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.