Horowitz: A supernatural virus: Is coronavirus now causing motorcycle accidents?

Some are attempting to classify every case of incidental Corona virus at the time of death as CAUSED by Corona virus.

This dishonest practice needs to stop.

Horowitz: A supernatural virus: Is coronavirus now causing motorcycle accidents?

Daniel Horowitz · July 20, 2020

ChakisAtelier | Getty Images

Isn’t it funny how SARS-CoV-2 seems to defy all of the rules of virology, or so we are told? In fact, it can do anything, including cause people to die in motorcycle accidents.

After noticing a couple reported deaths of people in their 20s in Orange County, Florida, Fox35 reporter Danielle Lama asked Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino whether the two young deceased individuals had serious underlying conditions. The answer was shocking.

“The first one didn’t have any. He died in a motorcycle accident,” Pino said.

So of course his name was later removed from the death count, right?

“I don’t think so. I have to double-check,” Pino said. “We were arguing, discussing, or trying to argue with the state. Not because of the numbers — it’s 100 … it doesn’t make any difference if it’s 99 — but the fact that the individual didn’t die from COVID-19 … died in the crash. But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

This has really degenerated into silly hour.

The problem is there is strong evidence that this is not an anomaly. Coding deaths is always a little more tedious than it appears; however, we have never experienced anything like this before. Typically, the only time there would be an aggressive push to capture every death from a particular disease is when it is rare and deadly. . . .

5 Likes

Evidence that is somehow not presented. So I doubt it is anything other than an anonomaly.

1 Like

LeafByNiggle. . .

Evidence that is somehow not presented.

Sure.

Many coroners are re-classifying corona virus deaths around the US.

I have put up a couple of articles on it already here at CAF.

But this is meaningless. No evidence that these experts who have reviewed the pathology slides, tests, and in some cases body parts.

You know.
They don’t.

(This is what you are forced to think Leaf with your “argument”.)

3 Likes

My friend has 2 friends in Louisiana who went to get tested for Covid-19.

There was a long line. They filled out the paperwork and turned it in. After
waiting for 2 hours they decided they didn’t want to wait any longer and left.
A week later they each got a letter in the mail saying they had tested positive for
Covid-19 - except they left and were never even tested.

How often might this be happening? @LeafByNiggle

6 Likes

Judging by all the confirming data, I would say it is not happening very often.

1 Like

It is troubling that this is happening. It’s not just in America too. The other week a friend of the family a retired judge from the UK called to say people in auto accidents are sometimes being registered as having died from the virus there.

Controversy is cause of death is an old issue doctors write about. And personally have had members of my family cause of death being recorded as something entirely different from what was known as being the reason passed away.

1 Like

What is the purpose of posting such stories?

If the real dealth tool is only, say, 125,000 instead of today’s 143,193, is that significant?

It’s. a. Pandemic.

Yes, there should be standard reporting. Some states are putting out guidance.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,22075,420,694.html

People put a lot of faith in numbers. I think it’s important to be reminded that numbers do not reflect realities.

Honest attempts at getting numbers right so they reflect realities is good.

However, throwing numbers into doubt benefits certain people in the present crisis.

Honest attempts good; exposing dishonesty bad. Gotcha.

3 Likes

That’s snarky and mean and doesn’t advance the conversation.

1 Like

Ah, responding to tone? Right above ad hominem.

Tell me, how does throwing shade on Horowitz for exposing false methodologies, and saying people like him shouldn’t do such nasty things, how does that advance the conversation?

3 Likes

What you said was snarky and accused me of thinking exposing dishonesty is bad.

I agree that dying in a motorcycle accident is not a covid 19 death.

I also agree that there has been conflicting advice/direction to medical examiners about whether a death is a Covid-19 death. However, if you die in hospital of pneumonia and you have covid-19, that’s a covid death. Both pneumonia and Coivid-19 are listed.

However, to my point, one can either take all the messy data and do the best one can to determine the correct numbers, or one can throw doubt on all the numbers and argue that there is no pandemic at all.

Another example of anti-science bias: “The heck with numbers! I want reality!” (i.e. my preferred reality)

1 Like

Now we see calumny to boot!

1 Like

I would hardly call that an anti-science bias.

It is one thing to reject science, quite another to know there is good reason to believe the numbers are wrong.

2 Likes

Do you suggest listing someone as a death from Covid 19 when they actually died from a motorcycle accident to be the truth?

Not when that “good reason” is an unscientific one. Then it is a rejection of science.

The word “lie” has a specific moral meaning that goes beyond merely being untrue. That’s what makes the accusation calumny.

I see.
So reporting something that is false, knowing it is false, is not a lie??

Please explain.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.