Horrible Accident for Brother in Law

Please pray for my brother in law. He has a heart of gold, and is loved by so many. He was in a freak accident yesterday and broke his neck (C1 vert.). We do not know if he can have surgery. He is in Edmonds Washington.

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

God has raised Mary the mother of Christ above every created thing in heaven and earth. We pray to him:

• In the name of the Mother of your Son, hear our prayers.

Compassionate Father, we thank you for giving us Mary as our mother and our example.
Through her intercession, sanctify our hearts.
You made Mary your faithful servant obedient to your word.
Through her intercession, give us the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
You gave Mary strength as she stood by the Cross; at your Son’s resurrection you filled her with joy.
Through her intercession free us from tribulation and make us strong in hope.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

O God, you are the source of our salvation.
May we proclaim your glory all our lives,
and even in heaven may we never cease to praise you.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Praying for your brother-in-law and your family. May the Lord Bless You!

******+JMJTJ+

Oh my; poor soul…he must be so frightened (as your whole family must be!) :frowning:
He will be in my prayers for his healing, and for the fortitude and strength of all his loved ones.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

Oh dear…praying for your brother in law, and for all of his family and friends. Jesus be with them!

As I just posted an answer to prayer on a thread, I saw this. Dear one, I will be in prayer. May the God of Comfort be with you and sustain him in this time and prepare the way for help. :gopray2:

With myu prayers - Joe

Praying for your Brother in Law

I groaned when I read your post.

Jesus be merciful to this seriously injured man. I entreat You to give him healing. Please comfort and strengthen him and his family.

Father -only by your mercy…
If you want Father -you can restore to health him. But do not what we want, but what You want… . . I trust You do the best.

Praying.

LORD Jesus
Heal UR Son

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

Prayers promised

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.