Horrifying tragedy, 23 mo old left to freeze to death half nake by father

This is so horrifying, I am sick, physically sick. I keep picturing what happened to this poor baby, and am trying very hard to pray for her father. Please, please, please, pray for all affected by this horrible tragedy, and please join me in asking our Lord to not let this baby’s unimaginable suffering in her last moments be for nothing. I love God, but I wish He would draw the line, this hurts too much.

thepittsburghchannel.com/news/10958862/detail.html

post-gazette.com/pg/07039/760411-56.stm

This is worse than horrifying! I could not imagine anyone doing this. It also make me feel sick.

i do believe that God took her away from her parents as they did not deserve this child!!!

Look at that face… it is the face of an angel… she is happy now I know…

AS soon as I read this I had to run to my children and hold them this was so horrible she is safe know

She was found four blocks from the home. Something is wrong with that story! Either the father is still lying or someone else found her and did even more.

he carried her to an abandoned playground several blocks away, left her breathing but unconscious in the snow to die. he gave the cops the story piecemeal in 3 confessions, so the media reports were a little confusing. he had to walk up 17 steps to the place where he took her (Pittsburgh is full of these, due to all the hills). this is the cruellest thing i’ve ever heard in my life, and i’ve heard many horrid, horrid things. i only know of the family from watching the news, but i had to go to the visitation and pay my respects. she was in a tiny white casket, dressed up in play clothes, with a dress-up angel costume on over top her little jeans and shirt, and she had pink ballet slippers on. she literally looked like an angel, she was so beautiful. i went about a half hour after it began, but her immediate family came in after me. i was there when her mother saw her in her casket for the first time and moaned “my baby!”. i wasn’t expecting that, i thought they would have already been there first. that was the worst thing i’ve ever had to witness in my life, i think i’ll go to my grave still praying for that woman, and it still will not have made even a dent in her grief. i can’t understand where any good can come from this, she was too young to understand…why did God let this happen? this is a huge thing for me to accept. i can’t get out of my head the image of her wandering around half naked in the snow (literally), in 2 degree weather, her head throbbing, not knowing where she was, crying for her mother, dying alone in the snow. i really think i need therapy over this. i’ve heard so many horrible news stories about the things that happen to children these days, but this is so cruel, so unimaginably cruel and so POINTLESS, i can’t get past it. i mean call 911, tell a lie if you are scared, but why abandon her in the snow? better to take a child abuse charge than a murder rap, what was this man thinking??? I’m just trying so hard to make sense of it. i know it’s in vain. he must have had a demon in him, it’s the only thing that makes sense. i, too, hold my children tighter and have seen them in an even more precious light since this little girl’s story became known. i am gentler with my 3 year old, especially. i can’t wait to get home from work and hold them. it has made me appreciate them more, and made me think hard about how this might have been prevented. i don’t know if it could have been.

I was also incredibly horrified to find out out how this beautiful baby girl died. I followed the news stories when they found her body, & I think it was Friday morning that I sobbed over the paper to hear her father did this. The fact that her little foot prints were found in the snow haunts me as well. I force myself to remember that Jesus & angels were with her, & I believe they somehow comforted her & limited her suffering. I’m also trying to remember that Jesus died for her dad, too, & like you, I think he might have been possessed by evil or had been terribly abused himself. I have forced myself to pray for him.
I’m sorry for you, though, & can’t imagine what it was like to be at her viewing. I’ll pray that God comforts you & her mom.

Thanks.

That has been my prayer for her, that she died in the arms of her angel, maybe even Mary called to her. I pray that she really felt nothing. I found myself telling myself today, “It’s OVER, her suffering is OVER, it’s OVER” trying to get myself to let it go. Unfortunately, for her mother, this is only the beginning. The first hearing is Wednesday, and it will go on and on, and more than likely the death penalty will be an option. She’ll never be able to just carry on, this will haunt her forever. On my way back from church today, I drove past the county jail, and couldn’t help but think that he was in there, safe and warm as toast. Every time I feel cold, I think about her, and what it must have been like for her. I am forcing myself to pray for him, trying to imagine him turning his soul around and living the rest of his life as a holy penance for her suffering…hope springs eternal. I’ve cried so much over this baby…I think my boss thinks I’ve come unhinged. At least I’ll always have that image of her as a beautiful angel to remember.

Hi again, Mummybee. You have a good, sensitive heart & are not callused, which is so good, but I am going to ask Jesus to give you some peace. Of course we’ll keep praying for her mom, too. It also might help to think that the dad might be warm, but he’s not safe. Physically, other inmates don’t take kindly to guys like him. Mentally, he’s not well. Most importantly, spiritually he’s in grave danger. It’s hard to pray for him, but this idea might help…

thanks, mmm1. I’m much better about this today, but you are right, I need to make peace with this. it’s the first time a tragic news story ever got to me like this. I appreciate your prayers, and continue to pray for this baby’s family, especially her parents.

The link post-gazette.com/pg/07039/760411-56.stm is still active…

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon her.

May she rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.